Xvid not showing up in Media Center

I've got ffdshow installed and all my Xvid videos work fine in Windows Media Player, but they're not showing up at all in Media Center. Does anyone know what the problem is?

he said he allready installed ffdshow and how is a 64bit package going to work in 32bit say if he has 32bit vista

But he doesn't have 32-bit -- if you read the thread title, you'll see "Windows Vista 64-bit".

It's rather simple - 64-bit programs can't use 32-bit codecs, and 32-bit programs can't use 64-bit codecs. This is the same as 64-bit programs trying to use 32-bit DLL's, it isn't happening. In order to have equal playback in both 32-bit and 64-bit applications, you need both sets of codecs (x86 ffdshow & x64 ffdshow).

EDIT: x64 ffdshow is available here

Edited by Gigachicken

OK, so I made sure I cleared my computer of any previous codec pack or ffdshow version I might have. I then restarted and installed the x64 version of ffdshow that iCeFuSiOn linked me to. I then installed the Media Control Plugin for Windows Vista Media Center that DKAngel linked me to. My Xvids are now showing up in Media Center and are playing properly. I haven't yet configured the Media Control Plugin to work with my remote yet, but my problem seems to have been solved!

I can't thank all you guys enough for helping me. :jump: