Windows Services Guide

There are a few floating around, and I know a few of you disagree with the descriptions in some of them. So, which do you recommend?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/docs/...n2kservices.doc

Documen tation on the services by MS itself.

I then go and make my own descision based on what I do and what I've read, not only in there, but in service "guides" online.

Just remember that any "tweak" or "guide" you find online, is to be taken with a grain of salt. These things aren't for everyone, which is why you have to apply some of your own know-how and common sense as well.

Good luck!

If you have a decent p4 or axp system will you notice a perfomance boost after disabling any of the services?

There's really no good answer for this question. It depends on what you do, what services you disable, etc.

If you have a decent p4 or axp system will you notice a perfomance boost after disabling any of the services?

There's really no good answer for this question. It depends on what you do, what services you disable, etc.

That was not a question.

I disabled all the services except the processes that the OS needs and didn't notice any paerfomance increase. I have a p3 lol

I think you will not notice any perfomance increase unless you are running 3dsmax as a service lol :p