PlayStation 2 Emulation ?

Just think about this...

-The PS2 use a 128 bit RISC processor and the PCs use a 32bits processor.

-The Emotion Engine is two processors in one (a CPU and GPU).

If somebody is able to pass over two points above will find that the PS2 has FSB bigger than the PC and that is not so easy to pass and keep the emu running smooth.

So, I?ll really be impressed to see some kind of 128bits emu over a 32bit processor.

Well, all games for PS2 or XBox for ex. are made with PCs so I don't see trouble to optimize the code even for 32Bit Sytems.

( Well you'll need to have something like workstation for playing :)Doch. )

Originally posted by aquadark

Well, all games for PS2 or XBox for ex. are made with PCs so I don't see trouble to optimize the code even for 32Bit Sytems.

( Well you'll need to have something like workstation for playing :)Doch. )

you're very welcome to try making a ps2 emulator. :ponder:

Although I could be wrong, but from previous experience dealing with designing and programing programs to drive New Hardware, I say that the software of a PS2 might be quite a bit different. Again as I could be wrong the Computer is used to MAKE the software, but do we know if it really even runs on PC's?? I have and idea that it's specifically compiled to use all the features possible of the PS2's processor's not a 32bit prosessor. Anyways just some thoughts on the subject.

a lot of games are actually made on PCs, it doesn't matter... it would take a very powerful next generation PC to run PS2 games nicely, coupled along with very good coding, and that emulation would take a while to get going also.

LOL.. this thread really ammused me.. There ARE PS2 emulators.. just as there are PS1, Dreamcast, nintendo..gameboy.. and back to atari. I would know..

/me goes and plays Tony Hawks pro skater 3

Originally posted by Faction

LOL.. this thread really ammused me.. There ARE PS2 emulators.. just as there are PS1, Dreamcast, nintendo..gameboy.. and back to atari. I would know..

/me goes and plays Tony Hawks pro skater 3

yeah lol same here

/me goes and plays GTA 3 then GT3 then THPS 3 and if there is time Simpson's Road Rage for fun :)