iPod Touch 16gb review

So just the Invisible Shield? Just stick it in your pocket and everything is ok? No carrying case needed for protection?

So what kind of stuff do you have running on your Touch with Jailbreak? Is it easy to go back to the official firmware?

You can key the thing with the Invisible Shield and it does nothing to the Device.

I've got a Video i Just shot with the K850i if you want it on youtube where I key the thing and nothing happens, this thing is all you need to protect your iPod.

The K850i now shoots video in 240x320 @ 30fps, and also saves SMS messages to the Mem Card or Phone mem, meaning no more stupid 95% inbox full rubbish.

The bottom bit of the phone is also touch sensitive.

Just a teaser until I get round to writing a full review. ;)

This thing is 10x better than the K800i, build quality, software quality, everything, is a lot better than I expected.

2 questions

- Can you use a stylus on it instead of your fingers?

- Does the Apple remote/FM tuner work as a remote? How bout othery 3rd party wired remotes?

I'll take a stab at #1. I don't have the ipod, but I do have an iphone.

No, a stylus wont work. I don't know about #2, however. I don't believe so, but I haven't tried it.

Sucks you can't use a stylus. Fingering it all the time leaves too much smudges.

It'll be horrible if you can't use the old remote with it. I'm guessing it should work. Apple really think cheating their customers in making them buy new gears for the "new" iPods is the right thing to do.

Take in an old iPod, like a Shuffle, and get 10% off. I took in a broken 1G Shuffle for recycling and got the discount.

Does that work with a broken (dead HD) 5g?

Meh, i am about to order one of this i want the 16GB, but then i think about the $400...... and all the things i could buy with that money.

Does it really, REALLY worth it to spend that kind of money on this gadget??

I'm still on the fence between an 8gig Nano, 160gig classic & the 16gig touch. They all have their pros & cons. Heck I might even wait for the touch 2nd gen. 32/64 gigs ftw!

But you're right. $400+tax is a lot of money & I can find numerous of things to do with all that dough.

2 questions

- Can you use a stylus on it instead of your fingers?

- Does the Apple remote/FM tuner work as a remote? How bout othery 3rd party wired remotes?

the apple remote does work, don't know about the FM tuner

alright i went ahead and ordered mine from the apple store, but is saying that it will be shipped in like 7 days, that is way to long.

for those who ordered from the apple store, and got it engraved, how long did it take before they shipped it???

Sucks you can't use a stylus. Fingering it all the time leaves too much smudges.

It'll be horrible if you can't use the old remote with it. I'm guessing it should work. Apple really think cheating their customers in making them buy new gears for the "new" iPods is the right thing to do.

Does that work with a broken (dead HD) 5g?

I'm still on the fence between an 8gig Nano, 160gig classic & the 16gig touch. They all have their pros & cons. Heck I might even wait for the touch 2nd gen. 32/64 gigs ftw!

But you're right. $400+tax is a lot of money & I can find numerous of things to do with all that dough.

With any iPod. I don't think they check if it works, after all you're taking it in for recycling or I guess environmental friendly disposal. My shuffle took a spin in the washer and didn't work. They didn't check and just took it.

i love it, i think it's really cool and with the offcial SDK coming out it has a lot of potential

definately. There will be some sick apps coming out for it and possibly themes?

I am posting from my ipod touch btw, very easy to use.

To answer someones question on the fm transmitter, i have an itrip ans a belkin dock for the car and they both work perfectly. Very good peice of kit

definately. There will be some sick apps coming out for it and possibly themes?

I am posting from my ipod touch btw, very easy to use.

To answer someones question on the fm transmitter, i have an itrip ans a belkin dock for the car and they both work perfectly. Very good peice of kit

In the meantime: http://www.hacktheipodtouch.com ;)

well, I got mine finally after a long wait from china LOL

this thing is awesome, I am posting from it :p now I am debating on hacking it

don't be dumb... hack it

oh yeah, got my case for it finally, here are some pics

post-59649-1193699811_thumb.jpg

post-59649-1193699833_thumb.jpg