952 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find Neowin?

• A Google (Search) Result
    • From a friend/acquaintance
    • At work
    • By a news story
    • From TV/Radio
    • Link exchange / Linked from another site

Quite hard to remember but I believe I found this site when a user by the name of creamhackered obtained an early build of MSN Messenger 6 and it was posted/leaked on the front page? Something like that :)

I'm really not sure to be honest. It's been so long. I know I lurked the forums for a long time before joining. I probably got linked from some other tech site to a Neowin article. It's kind of weird to think I started visiting Neowin when I was 15 and I'm now 23.

• 1 month later...

I honestly can't remember, I think I first stated browsing neowin years ago when I was still at college and the news was all about the Whistler beta builds. I have no idea how I came across the site though, probably google!

I used to frequent a website called MSFN for unattended installations of Windows and there was once a link to a news article on here, since then MSFN has kind of dried up news wise and I come here probably 100 times to every 1 visit to there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

registered back when I was 12, so I was either making websites or playing counter-strike 1.5 :p

Hey, that's an awesome "cignature"! Is that from some kind of smoking cessation website, or are you tracking those stats on your own?

Hey, that's an awesome "cignature"! Is that from some kind of smoking cessation website, or are you tracking those stats on your own?

hehe thanks, tracking my current stats :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking around for forum discussions regarding Windows 8, found this forum, looked around a bit and really liked what I saw.

I believe it was via a search result

It was before Windows XP came out. Has been my favorite news site since!

might I say your post per year ratio is awesome. You are like the anti Rappy. :D

I believe it was via a search result

might I say your post per year ratio is awesome. You are like the anti Rappy. :D

lol i usually just come and read :shiftyninja:

• 3 weeks later...