.NET Framework 1.1

shay7    0

I've just been to Microsoft Update and downloaded .NET 3.0, and I noticed .NET 1.1 was also available. I didn't bother downloading it because I assumed there'd be no need, but now I'm worried I might be missing out on something.

soldier1st    40

the 1.1 is only needed if you run 1.1 apps and the 3.0 is for 3.0 apps only,you will only need the net framework 2.0 as more apps use it and if you do run a 1.1 app with 2.0 there is a chance it will run properly unless it was specialy coded for 1.1 only.

Tom Swiss    0

The .net framework 3.0 does not complicated with 2.0, and 2.0 dose not complicated with 1.1. So, if you need run a 1.1 app , you should keep .net framework 1.1 installed.

s3pHiX    0

Yes, there is a point for the .net 1.1 Framework. It basically breaks down like this, for .net 1.1 apps, you've got to have the .net 1.1 Framework, same for the 2.0 & 3.0. Certain applications only work with the specified .Net Framework designed for that particular architecture for the application, and .Net Framework version.

So it is necessary to have all of them on your PC for the reason specified above.

Thanks,

soldier1st    40

but only if you are running versions of apps that need all 3,the most common is the net 2.0 and 1.1 is fading away and 3.0 has not really kicked off yet but when it does that will be good.

Leo Natan    4

Wasn't 3.0 only Vista additions? I think 3.5 will take the lead, as it's coming with Studio 2008 (or should I rather say, the Studio is coming with 3.5? :)).

soldier1st    40

essentialy the .net 3.0 is just a simple extension of .net 2.0 but with added stuff from vista,3.5 will overtake 3.0 as i believe it wont be an extension to 3.0 but it's own .net version.

shay7    0

Thanks everyone. :)