Hi guys,

I am looking to put ?1000 into a new gaming PC. (This includes monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc)

Here is what I have so far:

Case:> Coolermaster Centurion 5 SilverMB:> ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP AiLifestyle Series P35 Socket 775 Socket eSATA 8 channel Audio ATX Motherboard

I am choosing this flavour of the P5K range because I need the WiFi capabilities.CPU:> Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz 1333FSB Socket 775 4MB Cache Retail Boxed ProcessorGFX:> EVGA 8800GT 512MB GDDR3 Dual DVI HDTVOut PCI-E Graphics CardHDD:> Seagate ST3500630AS 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 16MB Cache 7200RPM - OEMPSU:> Corsair HX Series 520W Modular PSU - ATX12V v2.2 APFCRAM:> OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Memory Gold GX XTC CL5 DUAL CHANNEL (LIFETIME WARRANTY)Optical:> LiteOn 20X SATA DVD?RW/RAM With Beige, Black & Silver Bezel + Nero - Retail[/urlOS:b> Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium x32Bit OEM 1PK DVDMonitor:b> Samsung SM226BW 22" TFT Monitor 1680x1050 3000:1 300cd/m2 2ms VGA/DVI Black 3 Years Warranty Award Winning Monitor[/urlMouse:b> Logitech G5 2007 Edition Laser Gaming Mouse - USB[/urlKeyboard:b> Not sure yet, will possibly go instore somewhere (PCWorld?) and have a hands on feel for a keyboard I like, unless someone can link me to get a decent one:):)

Total: ?936.11 (This leaves room for a keyboard and also a headset, which I want)

Also I am looking for a hdd enclosure that can hold IDE hdd's, because I currently have a 300GB IDE hdd that I would like to use as external backup on the new machine. So I am open to your advice here.

Thoughts, criticism wanted!

Thanks!

I'd really try and get a Q6600, it will last you allot longer and will be allot better for upcoming games, as for graphics, with new cards on the horizon it really isn't a good time to be buying a new card, i'd try and hang on a bit, with games like crysis don't expect super performance with a 8800GTS, it kills my GTX.

I'd really try and get a Q6600, it will last you allot longer and will be allot better for upcoming games, as for graphics, with new cards on the horizon it really isn't a good time to be buying a new card, i'd try and hang on a bit, with games like crysis don't expect super performance with a 8800GTS, it kills my GTX.

Might be able to squeeze a Q6600 into it.

How close on the horizon are these new cards?

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't got around to ordering this, I am thinking of pushing to the Q6600, and also possibly going with the 64bit version of Vista so I can get 4GB RAM, do you think this is worth it or not?

Also what RAM would you recommend for 4GB rather than 2?