THIS FRIDAY! Toshiba HD DVD player $98.87!

Just came from my local Best Buy and they didn't even know they were on sale, no way they would give me the two extra in store HD DVDs, called their corporate office and still nothing; they said it must had been some kind of store deal somewhere and refused to budget the two extra DVDs :( lol

A friend of mine got around the whole display item thing. A while back he bought one off display, and made his own upc for it, then printed it and using some glue, adhered it to some cardboard for an authentic feel. He did get his movies in the mail!

Wow, lol

Well, there's no harm in me trying. The people @ Circuit City said they'd tell them, so I attached a letter with information on it along with the 5 free HD DVDs offer sheet.

EDIT: And I went to Best Buy and they had a A2 returned there for $220... I told them they were selling it for $99, but since they took it off their website they wouldn't sell it for that, and wouldn't match the price since the only unit the Circuit City had was the display unit (which I went back and bought from them for $110). Good luck selling that for $220, Best Buy.

Ayepecks, Circuit City should help you out with getting any current special offer on any display item. They should have a form that they fill out to say that it is indeed a display model and they simply don't have the UPC for it anymore, and you send that form instead of the UPC. Did they give you anything like this?

Really cuz the HD 700 meg download of house Blew my mind way more than thhis Transformers HDDVD does

Right, at 700mb its not HD. Probably came from a HD signal...

Ayepecks, Circuit City should help you out with getting any current special offer on any display item. They should have a form that they fill out to say that it is indeed a display model and they simply don't have the UPC for it anymore, and you send that form instead of the UPC. Did they give you anything like this?

Don't believe so, but I'll check again. Thanks for the info :)

Don't believe so, but I'll check again. Thanks for the info :)

No problem. :)

They generally do this for mail-in rebates, but this is essentially the same situation except instead of a check you'll be getting some movies.

Interesting, with these HD DVD players selling well and the PS3 BD player selling equally if not more, it's going to be interesting how the format war progresses in the coming months.

Either side will not admit defeat for awhile if you ask me. If you can pick up a $399 PS3, I'm sure you can subtract all the gaming equipment out and get a standard BD player out for $259-299 it would make sense, and I think this will happen by Christmas. :D

I really hate this, I wanted to pick up Transformers on HD, but since I'm not a HD DVD owner I can't. I don't want the DVD version, because whats the point in buying if your not buying HD now? Oh BD please win. :p

That's very good, a LOT better than the HEroes eps I got during Season 1 of that.

I haven't checked Tranformers yet (Sinc I've seen the non HD version I'm not in a rush`) but I have checked the HD version of Starship Troopers. it that is better. the clarity and sharpness of that is just awesome.

Yesterday I fired up the A3 with a couple regular DVD's like I said I would. I think my old Sony upconverting DVD player did a better job than the HD-A3, but that was before I ever watched an HD-DVD.

The thing is...older dvd's do look better than in a standard dvd player but compared to HD the vividness and contrast of the colors just isn't there. That is the main difference.

Oh and before I forget...When I got my HD-A3 last week they were offering 2 free movies in the Best Buy Store. That has changed to 3 now. So 10 free movies total.

Edited by StevoFC

Yesterday I fired up the A3 with a couple regular DVD's like I said I would. I think my old Sony upconverting DVD player did a better job than the HD-A3, but that was before I ever watched an HD-DVD.

The thing is...older dvd's do look better than in a standard dvd player but compared to HD the vividness and contrast of the colors just isn't there. That is the main difference.

Thanks for the info, that's one of the things I was wondering about.

Oh and before I forget...When I got my HD-A3 last week they were offering 2 free movies in the Best Buy Store. That has changed to 3 now. So 10 free movies total.

Not in South Florida, I went to my local Best Buy store yesterday like I said before with no luck at all, I guess I'll have to wait.

Not in South Florida, I went to my local Best Buy store yesterday like I said before with no luck at all, I guess I'll have to wait.

It is listed on the website now too. So you could order it from there. It's listed as 8 free movies because they don't count the 2 in the box.