Need for Speed Pro Street - PC Demo

Only things I didn't like was the lack of control over the cars systems i.e. TSC, ABS, etc.. I also disliked the damage model body panels falling off isn't damage if my car is totaled it better look it. Give us panel and frame deformation otherwise it's just silly looking I with that happened in real life then all we'd get was whip lash or bruises.

Also stop with the AI cars doing brake stands before the green light it's street racerish and highlights the reason why I continually blow past them when the race starts.

As mentioned above the music is horrid as always when I'm going 160mph I don't want to hear some rap or rock song in my ear besides shouldn't these vehicles have stripped interiors anyways if it's PRO street why would you have a heavy subwoofer and speakers in a car meant for racing. I know I'm bitching way too much about all of this, but someone ought to.

NFS will always be way to far to the right on the arcade scale as long as EA is still in control of the franchise.

The vehicles STILL veer to the left when using an Xbox 360 controller.

I can't believe they haven't fixed this within the game engine yet! It's been a known problem since NFSU!

I've never seen that happen in any NFS with my 360 controller. For me the bug that's been there in every NFS game(and only in NFS games) since NFS:U is that the controller vibrates if you move the left analog stick even slightly. Even if it's set to off in the game menus.

Actually, correction. Either the handling in this game is ****-poor or I just plain suck in realistic driving sims. But wasn't NFS supposed to be all about arcade-style fun? :/ I find the BMW M3 veers like crazy to the left/right while using a keypad and it's too damn easy to go offroad and flip.

After closing this demo I went back into Carbon for a quick race. At least I can handle the bloody car in Carbon.

Does it support Widescreen resolutions yet? (16:10 1680x1050 specifically). I dunno why EA has some vendetta against my rez but quite a few of there games do not have a resolution setting for my monitor and its annoying to keep having to hack all there games usually with stretched out huds..

yep it supports. runnin it on full gfx

dunno 'bout what controller glitch u guys are talking, but everything is working real smooth here

i think i'm gonna like it after all

edit:

what difficulity level did u guys choose? go for the expert, makes ya feel teh raw power of car and no help with taking turns. mabe it's the "help" what makes ur controllin feel weird :D

Finally I have tried this... CRAP!

This is the WORST NFS ever!

Gameplay sucks, graphics/performance SUCKS, music sucks, EA is starting to suck.

Oh well, i have to say this... all games from EA have POOR performance optimization, specially the NFS game series.

C.R.A.P. :rolleyes:

BCool

so, a lot of you really don't like prostreet. so -- did ya really like carbon? i think carbon is worst nfs ever -- car handling too easy and unrealistic, that a blind 5year old could drive&win. that's not racing.

simply horrible control

way to go EA, killed another game

I noticed that too, however, the problem quite simply resolved. Just crank up the difficulty and turn off the aids and the car handles like a dream...so the handling issue is the "driving aids", they are trying to steer your car one way and your trying to go the other, it wants to brake when you want to accelerate etc you get the picture.

so, a lot of you really don't like prostreet. so -- did ya really like carbon? i think carbon is worst nfs ever -- car handling too easy and unrealistic, that a blind 5year old could drive&win. that's not racing.

I find Carbon heaps better then Pro Street. NFS unrealistic? since when was that a bad thing? :p NFS hasn't been even remotely realistic since NFS2..it's well known for been an arcade racer after all! Part of the appeal of NFS series to me, was the unrealistic ways the cars handled etc..trying to make it more like GT/Forza etc just spoils it in my books. Perhaps I'm the only one who feels that way, so be it.

I noticed that too, however, the problem quite simply resolved. Just crank up the difficulty and turn off the aids and the car handles like a dream...so the handling issue is the "driving aids", they are trying to steer your car one way and your trying to go the other, it wants to brake when you want to accelerate etc you get the picture.

I find Carbon heaps better then Pro Street. NFS unrealistic? since when was that a bad thing? :p NFS hasn't been even remotely realistic since NFS2..it's well known for been an arcade racer after all! Part of the appeal of NFS series to me, was the unrealistic ways the cars handled etc..trying to make it more like GT/Forza etc just spoils it in my books. Perhaps I'm the only one who feels that way, so be it.

don't mix too easy with arcade. like some arcade games still req some skill to take 1st places

I like the demo but i don't think i'll enjoy the full the game as much as the past few games. The handling is terrible in it, i understand they've tried to make it a bit more realistic but it is so sensitive and you just end up swinging all over the road. Also as it being an EA game you get no controller options to change things like deadzone, steering sensitivity etc.

Still i'll give the full version a try anyway, i'm interested to see how they've implemented the drift racing.

just played the demo- finished it in 5mins-didnt even bother playing again- since it sucks. as everyone has already mentioned the handling!!! its terrible- the deadzone is way too much. doesnt feel real at all and also its way too easy to win in the races.

you dont get the send of speed in the demo at all- just a wierd angle of the car at high speed. i hate the new camera angle look at high speed-sucks big time. hard to see whats ahead.

NFS series should go back to NFS2-SE range- now that game i played throughout my school years... ALOT.

performance wise its good- all wacked up-1920 res with 8AA and high on all setttings- get a really steady fps.

sucks crap.

I've been turned off ever since I bought Carbon .. I mean that game had potential. This.. this purely sucks.

Well well well. What can i say. Pretty much what alot of people have been saying here.

Ive played Need For Speed from the first one, generally i have been enjoying them more and more with a couple of exceptions. I had high hopes for Pro Street.

:angry: What have EA done! holy cow... if i was a serious racing driver i probably would be liking this game and be compelled to annoy all us TRUE Need for Speed fans, but no im not, im a "Gamer" that plays NFS to have fun. Where is the fun in this crap realism/lame sterring and controls. If your a pro racer and want realism go drive a flipping real race car for petes sake we dont want our game radically changed and spoilt. This is how i see it.

The sterring is wibbley wobbley all over place, just slight conpensation in turning and the car is snakeing its way down the road. is this meant to be fun? We all know NFS was leaning more to the arcade style of sterring now changing it to this is absolutely rubbish in my opinion, couldnt they find a happy middle ground? obviously not they listened to the moaning swines that said NFS was too arcadey. I like arcadey!!.. simple reason being its user friendly and "FUN".

I played the demo first and thought it was a bug i had, lag or something. But no i check some forums including here and what do you know its not just me! its true the turning the difficultly to "king" improves it abit but the feel of NFS has gone. I'll try the full game to see if its better but i doubt it. EA have just ruined this franchise, what happened to the saying "if it aint broke dont fix it". :blush: Ahhhh man sorry to rant on but i was looking forward to this, but the sterring physics just plain kill it for me. tbh Need for Speed 1 was better then this! had more fun put it that way.

what we need is a miracle patch to change it back to normal.. like that will ever happen. THANKS EA (******s) :whistle:

Thanks for the links.

I'll try this demo with lower expectations. I still remember clearly how disappointed I was in the Carbon demo when it came out (and I still am - that demo was CRAP compared to the full game).

Wait so you thought the demo was crap and still bought the game?

I'm getting a black bar on both sides of the screen in the menu. It's gone when I'm racing, but the resolution is horrible. I played around with the settings to no luck; any help?

I'm going to post all NFS games i have played, and the rating too.

NFS Hot Pursuit 2rating_4.gif

NFS Undergroundrating_4.gif

NFS Underground 2rating_5.gif

NFS Most Wantedrating_3.gif

NFS Carbonrating_4.gif

NFS ProStreet DEMO rating_1.gif

Well, in my opinion, as you can see, my favourite was NFS Undergound 2, and anyone who buyed it know what i'm talking about and agree with me, but i know what is the problem of this constant crap of NFS series.

The problem is that the team that develop the NFS games has changed since NFS Underground 2, it's like Medal of Honor after Allied Assault, the team has changed, the crap' appear, for thoose who don't know, the authors of Call of Duty game Series are the authors of of Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Infinity Ward which was 2015 before make Call of Duty the best WWII games... i think this make sense, lol

What i'm trying to say is that the team of ProStreet it's not the same.

------------------------

gazebee, try to install new drivers and update your DirectX to latest version (November 2007)

BCool

I'm going to post all NFS games i have played, and the rating too.

NFS Hot Pursuit 2rating_4.gif

NFS Undergroundrating_4.gif

NFS Underground 2rating_5.gif

NFS Most Wantedrating_3.gif

NFS Carbonrating_4.gif

NFS ProStreet DEMO rating_1.gif

Looks like you've only played the crappy ones.

I also thought the control was odd, but I'll still be picking up the full game. No traffic/cops, the car sculpting feature combined with online play still holds appeal for me.

I like it. Not as musch as the Underground serie.

But I'm just a casual gamer.

The interesting thing is that the game recognized my MS Sidewinder Wheel under Vista Ultimate 32bit.

Vista itself didn't identify as the wheel, just a human interface device or something like that.