Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - General Discussion (PC)

Does the PC version have a server browser?

It connects to the Master Server and refreshes a list for you. You then can filter servers by friendly fire, type, players, etc. Just like any other game :}

It connects to the Master Server and refreshes a list for you. You then can filter servers by friendly fire, type, players, etc. Just like any other game :}

Nice, Im asking because the consoles do not :(

Sucks *** :angry:

is there any way to change the difficulty after starting a game? I've looked in game and in the profile config file but I can't pin point it...

If you enable the console you can change the difficulty there

DifficultyEasy

DifficultyMedium

DifficultyHard

DifficultyFU

You'll probably have to restart the level for the change to take effect correctly - changed it part way through one of the levels and it broke one of the scripted sequences

Do you think this can run on my PC:

-Intel P4 3.0Ghz with HT

-ASUS P4C800 E-Deluxe

- nVidia 7600GS OC

-1GB of Kingston ram

I'm running on a P4 2.8 Ghz w/ HT, nVidia 6800GS, and 1 GB of Kingston RAM and the demo ran fine for me at 1280*1024 at medium settings so I'm sure your computer can run it fine. I can't give you specific FPS numbers but they were high enough for me not to notice any stuttering.

For some reason the game doesn't fit my screen. It's a 21 inch widescreen lcd moniter. I went into the graphics options and changed the aspect ratio to 16:9, but still nothing. There are still huge black bars on the sides. Any suggestions?

For some reason the game doesn't fit my screen. It's a 21 inch widescreen lcd moniter. I went into the graphics options and changed the aspect ratio to 16:9, but still nothing. There are still huge black bars on the sides. Any suggestions?

change game res, to your native monitor res

this game is great. like the best fps ever.

got it running @1680x1050, 2x AA and somewhat medium settings, shadows and dyn lights turned off. otherwise i get a little bit poorer performance when like 10 russies are comin at me blastin.

i bet that's normal with my somewhat medium level card

whats unrealistic about it? :p

i guess he meant that it was quite hard, compared to the other levels

took me some 40min (actually i didn't keep an eye on the clock) to get to the place where the other guy gets hit by the chopper

gonna complete the rest as dessert later :D

btw it seems the best game i've ever played

steam completely fcked up their cod 4 release, everyone is having problems and can't play it. I had to like start re downloading it which didn't work. Verified the files so it started back even further at 70% but I didn't want to wait so I exited (I had backed up my cod 4 folder before) took the two biggest folders from it and put it in my steam cod folder and it finally worked. amazing game though, I am amazed on how well it plays on my hardware.

Those who got it off steam, do they email you a key for multi play? Or is it built into the game?

I believe the whole idea about steam is no cd keys or cds required. Its all tied to your account.

Anyone got any tips for the best sniper position for the end of the sniper mission?

i got what another mate said about this mission beeing "unreal" ..

there's not much of a tip tho.

i completed this by jumping like mad around the map (i sit for couple of seconds, they fix me with a granade)

and changing between druganov and ak :]

it's pretty short time to survive, but they keep coming from all around so it is quite difficult

probably there is a better vantage point, just didnt took the time to find it.

anyways from this mission game contionues in a somewhat hollywood way -- they should have made the enemy harder to kill, not just increase their numbers.

yea, i think they ****ed up a good game. damn, it felt so real at the start.