How do u get Music(MP3, FLAC, OGG, WMA) to your stereo?

I am just wondering how people get music to there stereo. Right now I'm using xbmc to stream music that is stored up in my computer. But its geting old now. I am just curious to see what people use.

I am just trying find out other solutions. My computer is not in the same room the stereo is. The way I see it people have large catalogs of music. Some use itunes and Apple TV others use Media Center Extender. Still others use something else. I am not sure what the best solution to view threw a catalog and select music.

I don't have a "stereo" as such.

My music is all stored on a NAS device in folder structure:

ROOT

---|---Artist

----------|------Album

--------------------|-------(tracknum) Artist - Title.mp3

--------------------|-------folder.jpg

There are no exceptions to the above.

This folder structure is shared to my media centre (PC using MediaPortal), Xboxes (XBMC), PDA (HTC Wizard) and wirelessly to any ancilliary devices.

The media centre is in my lounge and is connected to a 5.1 system.

maybe AirTunes is what you could use? :)

in combination with iTunes that is of cause

Glassed Silver:mac

On my computer, i use the green Stereo green output, this has a double 3.5 stereo plug in it.

One of the plugs connections goes to the normal PC 5.1 Speakers, other has a RCA stereo female connection cord.

Then 3RCA stereo male extension cord then runs with the Video Out, in Theatre Mode, to my amplifier downstairs.

I can watch movies on my comp downstairs on my home theatre system, i can also play music via winamp on both comp and downstairs.

I still have enough power from comp down the cords to even use digital coax in full dolby if i choose to.

The amp converts the music it gets to 6.1 channel stereo or Dolby Neo:Music mode

I get very very good sound and average video but acceptable.

Tried using a AV Sender once before, didnt like the results, found the left channel was emitting less wattage, so went to hard way using a wired connection.

Current setup allows me to view movies etc, or whatever is on my desktop at the time.

to the original poster:

do you have a wifi link between you xbox and your pc, or do you run a cable? just curious.

to the thread:

ipod/zune -> aux input

if you're looking for ideas and you're not an audiophile, then you could hook up a generic fm transmitter and use your stero to pick it up.