Mirko

Mirko ?Cro Cop? Filipovic (22-6-2 MMA, 1-2 UFC), a former PRIDE Fighting Championships heavyweight who?s had a tough run of luck in the UFC, isn?t planning to retire anytime soon. In fact, the 33-year-old Croatian says he has a good ?five or six? fights left before his career is finished.

The PRIDE 2006 Open-Weight Grand Prix winner made the comments in an interview posted on his office website at mirko-crocop.com.

Filipovic, who made his octagon debut at UFC 67 with a first-round TKO of Eddie Sanchez, has since suffered back-to-back losses to Gabriel Gonzaga and Cheick Kongo. They were the first consecutive losses of the fighter?s career, and they led to speculation that Filipovic might consider retirement.

He did admit that the thought of quitting crossed him mind.

?I did think of (retirement) the night after my last defeat, but I?m not going to end my career soon,? Filipovic said. ?Every fight could be your last one. You can suffer from a fatal injury, (or) you can break your leg or arm. If (I?m) able to fight, I?ll fight. It?s my life and my choice, and I enjoy doing it.?

Last month Filipvoc told a Croatian newspaper that he was planning a return to the UFC in early 2008 and that he wanted to fight former PRIDE heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

However, the UFC has made no official announcement regarding either fighter?s next appearance in the organization.

I hope he does come back and come back well. He's had a tough ride in the UFC and it was rather disappointing seeing one of the greats in MMA being "demolished" the way he did. I'd like to see him get one last run at the title before he calls it a day.

Yes, I would love to see Mirko back in the cage. After two disappointing losses, he needs a good win under his belt. He was actually countering Kongo quite nicely during the first round of their matchup, but when you have broken ribs, a busted nut, and a deviated septum, the odds are definitely against you. I can't wait to see him again.

lol... something sounds wrong with that rating system (given his losses) even though its true by public opinion.

Yeah but UFC rating system is a bit flawed I mean Rampage got 1 fight then a title fight when he first joined and I bet if Fedor had chosen UFC he would be given a title fight straight away, its whoever is the big draw I suppose.