Xbox Live makes Japan debut

Xbox Live Makes its Debut in Japan

Tokyo (JCNN) - Microsoft Japan launched online game service Xbox Live at 10:00am on January 16. The Xbox Live starter kit hits the store shelf at retailers across Japan.

Available at a suggested retail price of 6,800 yen ($58), the kit includes Xbox voice communicator, a one-year service fee, and two game titles "Fantacy Star Online Episodes I&II" and "Zuno Taisen Live (Brain Battle Live)," and a collection of four table games: mahjong, go, Japanese chess, and reverse game.

Capcon and Microsoft also brought to market one title each. Victor Interactive Software, From Software, as well as Microsoft, are expected to release new titles after January 16.

ADDITION: For the start in Japan four Xbox Live compatible plays will appear additional: "Thousand country" (From software), "Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO" (Capcom), "Muzzle Flash" (Victor Interactive software) and "Whacked!" (Microsoft). The price for starters the kit amounts to 6800 Yen.

http://www.japancorp.net/Article.Asp?Art_ID=4604

um.. good question! if you add in the xbox demo units in stores, i think the total comes to about 12

hehehe j/k

LOL...man SPyder you are on a roll today... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sorry, had to post it

http://mypage.campuspipeline.com/fbiega/fi...iles/xjoke2.jpg

maybe this will really help xbox catch on in japan

lol that's funny

i look at it like this, of course there is a made in japan thing over there. xbox really ain't so it loses there. and plus i don't think they are use to anything this big in Japan, i know the women aren't use to anything this big lol, so it takes some time getting used to it.

People die there because to much playing and they don't have XBOX. How is that ?

Weird :wacko:

Huh?

I sow couple articles about people in japan die because to much playing games.

So if they like games why XBOX not popular there ?

And in Japan many children's so what they have against XBOX ? Not good anuf for them ?

People die there because to much playing and they don't have XBOX. How is that ?

Huh?

And in Japan many children's so what they have against XBOX ? Not good anuf for them ?

That's South Korea, not Japan. :rolleyes:

Huh?

That's South Korea, not Japan. :rolleyes:

Peoples Republic Japan and China i think its the same :)

https://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=8414...category=gamers

Why is the Xbox not popular there?

Because First Person Shooters and action games are about as popular there as dancing games and RPGs are here.