Is it true??????

just trying to confirm some facts...

right now im using seagate barracuda with 3 partition. each is NTFS format. a friend of mine told me that if i delete the 1st NTFS partition on my Seagate harddisk during Win2k/XP installation. ive just killed the harddisk!. he said i cand use the hard disk anymore and have to send it to the dealer to get a new drive. is this true?. if so, why does this happen? any ideas? :D

No man.. Relax.

That's not true. All you have to do is recreate the partition - which you can do from the Windows 2000/XP CD-ROM boot install. Or, use a DOS/Windows 9x/ME boot disk and run FDISK. This lets you partition your PC - however only using FAT 32.. If you need help on how to run FDISK let me know. :)

Were you duel-booting with the other partitions, btw?

no. im not dual booting. :) its just that i got worrried if i need 2 convert my NTFS back to FAT32, it would screw up my hard disk. cause he said he tried to convert back to FAT32 and it didnt work. :s anyway, yesterday i wanted to update my tnt2 ultra' s bios and i had to reebot to DOS. But XP doesn't have boot in dos mode option. :( so i created a disk with boot option using XP's floppy format tool. unfortunately after i boot using the disk, none of my hard drive is identified. :o so i had to convert one of my partition back to FAT32 and put the bios in it and boot again. i used the win98 startup disk and the partition is found and i updated the bios. ( i know i could have used the floppy drive to update the bios) I just wanted to try if my hard drive works. now my quiestion is... how can i create a bootdisk that will identify my NTFS partition? thanx.