Redskins DB Taylor dies at age 24

Redskins safety Taylor dead at 24 after being shot in his home

MIAMI -- Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor has died, a day after he was shot in the leg, said family friend Richard Sharpstein.

He said Taylor's father called him around 5:30 a.m. to tell him the news.

"His father called and said he was with Christ and he cried and thanked me," said Sharpstein, Taylor's former lawyer. "It's a tremendously sad and unnecessary event. He was a wonderful, humble, talented young man, and had a huge life in front of him. Obviously God had other plans."

He said he did not know exactly when Taylor died.

Doctors had been encouraged late Monday night when Taylor squeezed a nurse's hand. But Sharpstein said he was told Taylor never regained consciousness after being transported to the hospital and that he wasn't sure how he had squeezed the nurse's hand.

"Maybe he was trying to say goodbye or something," Sharpstein said.

The 24-year-old Redskins safety was shot early Monday in his home in the upper leg, damaging an artery and causing significant blood loss.

http://sportsline.com/print/nfl/story/10497939

man this is just horrible....RIP man

I am a huge Redskins fan but I never liked Sean Taylor. I always thought he had too much attitude and tried to act too "street", but that doesn't matter now. I feel bad for his family, no one deserves to be cut down in their prime. R.I.P.

Tragic. Does anybody know if they caught the person who shot him?

No they have not but the feeling is he was targeted. His home has previously been broken into less than a week prior, and his telephone line was cut.

No they have not but the feeling is he was targeted. His home has previously been broken into less than a week prior, and his telephone line was cut.

Well that's horrible. The only thing worse for his family other than losing him, is having no closure. I hope who ever did it dies in a fire.

Well that's horrible. The only thing worse for his family other than losing him, is having no closure. I hope who ever did it dies in a fire.

At this point all you can do is speculate but if he was targeted it could be related to the incident a few years ago when he pistol whipped that guy. It doesn't really matter much because either way his son will no longer have a father.

Incredible & tragic.

It seems like there's been a rash of robberies, assaults, targeting of pro athletes. I recall some pro basketball players' homes being broken into in the past year.

Jeez, I went to sleep last night and they said he was non-responsive but might pull out. Such a sad way to go, like most stories like this, it never ends does it?

RIP.

Im not a Redskins fan, but its surely a disgrace that someone that young dies in those circumstances. My best wished to his family.

Damn, didnt see this, I just made another thread.

My best wishes to his family.

I?m not a ?Redskins? fan ether, I actually saw this on CNN. It appears that people at Neowin do not really care that much about this person or the fact that he has been removed from this mortal coil.

What I always find amusing in a bizarre way is that when someone (Who is well known or in the public eye!) dies they are always referred to as this person who was going to make this massive impact on the world and what a tragedy his/her passing was!

I am sure that it must be hard on his family, team mates and friends. For this I have sympathy, but alas, I knew him not!

?He seemed to be rising to the challenge of new fatherhood, and making better choices than those that sometimes haunted him in the past. In short, he was growing up, as a person and a football player, and his best days seemed just ahead of him.?

I’m not a “Redskins” fan ether, I actually saw this on CNN. It appears that people at Neowin do not really care that much about this person or the fact that he has been removed from this mortal coil.

What I always find amusing in a bizarre way is that when someone (Who is well known or in the public eye!) dies they are always referred to as this person who was going to make this massive impact on the world and what a tragedy his/her passing was!

I am sure that it must be hard on his family, team mates and friends. For this I have sympathy, but alas, I knew him not!

In response to your public eye tragedy, it is very apparent that those with plenty of cash to throw around can make charitable contributions even if only for a tax write off. However, this guy was a tremendous athlete and as an Eagles fan I would say he was top 5 at his position.

I hope the 'Skins win next week and I'm sad there's not more media coverage about this 24-year-old man losing his life. Sad, I wish his family well...

Edited by selflysis

How'd he die?

Tati

Officially a robber broke into his house, Taylor discovered but was shoot by the intruder, who ran away,