I got my xbox but I seem to have a audio problem.

I just got my xbox. It came with Halo, Jetset , GT.

When I watch tv, usually the tv volume is about 5 and thats good to hear.

Playing halo I needed to turn it up to like 8. (maybe the big fan in the daytime made it harder to hear) but the other games volumes seem to be ok.

I then tested a dvd BraveHeart. I had to turn volume right up to 13-17. There tv light indicates no stereo stound when I play the xbox but had stereosound light when I use to play the psx1.

Any one know the problem?

dvds always seem quiet, as everything else is recorded too loud (i know it sounds weird but its true)

games are generally quieter than tv as well, surely it cant be that much hassle to use the remote and turn up your tv a bit...

about the stereo issue, how are you connecting up the xbox to your tv ? some tvs wont show the stereo light for some connections, even if it is in stereo (eg, my tv wont show the light when its an rgb scart, but i do still get a stereo signal)

I connected it directly via xbox to vcr but since the dvd braveheart visual quality dims dark and dims back to normal colour (dvd/vcr protection the xbox support said) so I connected directly to TV, video 2 jacks since video 1 jacks are used by vcr.

The sound is on stereo on the xbox setting :/

Maybe its just BraveHeart dvd?

Anyone got braveheart dvd and can test it out on xbox if the sound is quiet?

like I said, dvd sounds are always quiet, and there shouldnt be a problem passing the signal through your vcr unless you are trying to record. The reason for mono sound could be that your vcr is only mono, as games would not have had that problem

edit: you say that you are using the second set of inputs on your tv, check your manual that they support stereo sound (v.likely they do but it sounds like you are using an older tv, as it seems you are using composite connections)

Edited by andrewfee

Yeah the TV is like 6-7years old and not sure if its composite connections but the default cables that come with the xbox, red - white - yellow left/right audio and video cord.

the "red, white and yellow" cables are composite, you may be getting confused with component cables, of which there are five.

You should try them in the first ones (just disconnect the vcr, or move it to 2) to see if you get stereo sound through that, what make television is it btw? As sharp televisions, for whatever reason, will not display the stereo light for some sources, even though they are using a stereo signal

The S-video cables...

Im thinking of getting these... Are S-video sockets on every modern tv like including 7year old ones?

Anyone use these and get better sound & graphics?

The S-video cables...

Im thinking of getting these... Are S-video sockets on every modern tv like including 7year old ones?

Anyone use these and get better sound & graphics?

S-video is usually found on TVs that old, mine is 10 yrs old and has an S-vidoe in.

You get a better picture only, the brightness and colour signals are seperated, as opposed to one wire for both (the yellow jack you have now). Sound is still transmitted from the red and black jacks you have now.