PS3 Video On Demand In Early '08

Initial offerings to be geared toward motoring fans, says the internet

Sony is planning to roll out a video on demand service for PS3 in early 2008, it's being reported.

According to Variety.com - via Japanese press - the service will only launch in Japan, with initial downloads geared toward motoring fans in the hope that they'll appeal to punters embracing Gran Turismo 5 Prologue like a long lost sibling.

GT 5 Prologue is pencilled in for release at the end of 2007 in Japan, with a UK release expected in early 2008.

It's said each initial video download will be priced around 90 pence.

Microsoft has had its Xbox 360 video download service - Video Marketplace - in operation for some time in North America and looks set to launch it in Europe next month.

Stuart Bishop

Source: CVG

:sleep:

I'm more interested in the PlayTV tuner that's coming out for Europe early 2008

PlayTV - http://youtube.com/watch?v=zJQSAxqGCTU

:o

I remember reading about playTV back in August, but I didn't know there was a release date for EU

and HOLY ****, stream live TV to your PSP O.o that alone would convince me to buy one

my only convern is that 60gb is not enough for downloaded content + HD recordings + game saves, guess this is where external storage come into play :p

I remember reading about playTV back in August, but I didn't know there was a release date for EU

and HOLY ****, stream live TV to your PSP O.o that alone would convince me to buy one

my only convern is that 60gb is not enough for downloaded content + HD recordings + game saves, guess this is where external storage come into play :p

Or......

http://www.product-reviews.net/2007/11/29/...es-watch-video/

It doesnt matter for the UK, we dont have HighDef service apart from a 1 channel trial that only runs in 1 city in our country on the over the air freeview service.