Besy Buy Pirates Office 2007

You try living on a Best Buy paycheck before complaining about the guy downloading Office 2007. Microsoft's primary piracy focus is to ensure that corporations that use their software to generate revenues of their own, are in return, creating revenues for Microsoft. The ethical debate has a grayer area concerning home use and educational use, and if you can afford it, by all means buy the license, but I won't judge the priorities of those living on a limited budget.

You try living on a Best Buy paycheck before complaining about the guy downloading Office 2007. Microsoft's primary piracy focus is to ensure that corporations that use their software to generate revenues of their own, are in return, creating revenues for Microsoft. The ethical debate has a grayer area concerning home use and educational use, and if you can afford it, by all means buy the license, but I won't judge the priorities of those living on a limited budget.

Free open source alternatives?

Who cares about how much he makes, thats no excuse.

god people need to get a life. thats why world is so screwed up. everybody wants to be the chief. stop snitching on people. if he downloads it so what. thousands of people are running downloaded versions of office 2007 I am. if you would have snitched on me. I would have got arrested because I would have beat you down for running your mouth.
Snitching ain't cool kids.

Ah the mindset that has allowed the inner city US to turn into war zones... The "no snitching" policy... If you aren't the one being shot at or stabbed or having your property stolen then you should just turn your head and walk away...

People like you two make me sick to my stomach...

If you see anyone doing something that is illegal or unethical you have an obligation to report that person to the proper authorities. The original poster did the right thing. I'm not sure he should have accessed Best Buy's computer to do it, but he did the right thing nonetheless. As MS will contact Best Buy and Best Buy will take proper action for sure.

Ah the mindset that has allowed the inner city US to turn into war zones... The "no snitching" policy... If you aren't the one being shot at or stabbed or having your property stolen then you should just turn your head and walk away...

If you see anyone doing something that is illegal or unethical you have an obligation to report that person to the proper authorities. The original poster did the right thing. I'm not sure he should have accessed Best Buy's computer to do it, but he did the right thing nonetheless. As MS will contact Best Buy and Best Buy will take proper action for sure.

You see, the problem is that people who snitch get shot on the streets.

Obligation according to WHO? I'm sure you have friends you know who pirate software or music. C'mon, you have to know at least one person who does. Have you snitched on them yet? I'm not gonna report someone when I'm unsure if he's installing it on other people's computers or using it for his own use, it's not my business.

Like I said, if I ended up with pirated software, I'm going back to see them about it.

Get over it. Go report some J-walkers or something, Captain Reporto.

Obligation according to WHO? I'm sure you have friends you know who pirate software or music. C'mon, you have to know at least one person who does. Have you snitched on them yet? I'm not gonna report someone when I'm unsure if he's installing it on other people's computers or using it for his own use, it's not my business.

Like I said, if I ended up with pirated software, I'm going back to see them about it.

Get over it. Go report some J-walkers or something, Captain Reporto.

Lmao owned.

thats my point people like this walk around reporting on everything brother against brother etc. people like this need to mind their own business and live their lives PERIOD .

and as for you your not even worth the effort. all i will say one day you will tattle tell on wrong person my friend.

A fellow gang member snitching on another who gunned down a kid or old lady is reasonable, a disgruntled employee fired or passed up on a raise snitching on the company's use of unlicensed software is reasonable, a shopper snitching on the Internet habits of a store employee is lame; get a life. The only person getting fired is the idiot who thought unfiltered net access to demo PCs in the showroom was a good idea, you want to demonstrate net access, fine - open port 80 and close the rest!

I have repairs alot of computers and I know companies sometimes load pirated copies onto a machine but this week while I was at the best buy in Niagara In the middle of the isles in plain sight the technician had mininova up and was downloading office 2007 ent as soon as he walked away I went on that machine and sent a piracy report to microsoft

http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/

I could understand your righteous indignation if he was actually pirating some decent software, but Office 2007? You have too much free time :rolleyes:

Do you work for Microsoft? Do you get paid for reporting people? Why the hell do you care?

Physical attacks on other people is one thing, downloading software is something entirely different; don't try to compare them, that's just pathetic.

Wow, exaggerate much?

The Stasi ended in 1989.

lol, I had to look up what the Stasi was then I got the sentence :laugh:

No, they don't.

The ones from the streets do.

the first time i read that, i went "wth they dont have Best Buy in Nigeria" :p

and the fact that hes pirating at work, or even visiting those sites at work...means he should be fired.

No, they don't. Grow u. The guy did the right thing.

Well done. :)

You're lucky that in the UK people are not allowed to carry guns, so snitching over there has no repercussions.

Over here its different.

You're lucky that in the UK people are not allowed to carry guns, so snitching over there has no repercussions.

Over here its different.

However, in the UK you still have deal with gangs and those stupid chavs

I have repairs alot of computers and I know companies sometimes load pirated copies onto a machine but this week while I was at the best buy in Niagara In the middle of the isles in plain sight the technician had mininova up and was downloading office 2007 ent as soon as he walked away I went on that machine and sent a piracy report to microsoft

http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/

Remember to send a piracy report to Microsoft on your behalf too. :rolleyes:

A fellow gang member snitching on another who gunned down a kid or old lady is reasonable, a disgruntled employee fired or passed up on a raise snitching on the company's use of unlicensed software is reasonable, a shopper snitching on the Internet habits of a store employee is lame; get a life. The only person getting fired is the idiot who thought unfiltered net access to demo PCs in the showroom was a good idea, you want to demonstrate net access, fine - open port 80 and close the rest!

+1

Over here its different.

Yeah, because the guy pirating Office is really gonna be gangsta and come and pop a cap in my ass eh?

Lol. Dude... grow up.

Yeah, because the guy pirating Office is really gonna be gangsta and come and pop a cap in my ass eh?

Lol. Dude... grow up.

No, but that attitude somewhere else could get you ***** up.

No, but that attitude somewhere else could get you ***** up.

Most of the world is considerably more civilized than that, IMHO. It's sad that there are still people out there stupid enough to think that a gun is the only solution to a problem (not you, the people who shoot over "snitching").