[NFL] The Patriots Cameras

Anybody want to bet some money on Sunday's game? I'll match the highest bet.

I'll wager 5 million Schrute bucks that the Patriots will win.

I still think that since the organization (i.e., the management) was caught cheating, as opposed to a single player, that the game itself ought to have been forfeited.

Again, officialy it wasnt cheating.

What the entire nfl fan-base dont understand that sideline plays are not called in plain english but in code. Its more harder than you think to steal strategies.

Again, officialy it wasnt cheating.

What the entire nfl fan-base dont understand that sideline plays are not called in plain english but in code. Its more harder than you think to steal strategies.

Yes it is considered cheating, otherwise the NFL wouldn't have specific rules against it. What it allows is a team to film the signals and match it with plays that are run on the field. Eventually you can decode and match the two. Apprently teh NFL thought it was so bad to fine over a half a MILLION dollars and remove a 1st round pick - which lets be honest, is much more valuable than the cash.

Yes it is considered cheating, otherwise the NFL wouldn't have specific rules against it. What it allows is a team to film the signals and match it with plays that are run on the field. Eventually you can decode and match the two. Apprently teh NFL thought it was so bad to fine over a half a MILLION dollars and remove a 1st round pick - which lets be honest, is much more valuable than the cash.

You can punish the action, but the action not necesarily means the intention and thats the last thing I will say about it. This is a loop.

Personally, I think they should have been forced to forfeit that game. They were caught cheating in the game, to me that taints the results and you can no longer say that it did or did not have a bearing on the outcome.

I would have to agree as well, they should have had that game taken away... It sad to me to have such a monster team like they do this year be marred with such controversy... NE got caught cheating, the season has been tainted...

I'm disappointed that no one took my 5 million Schrute bucks bet. I'd be racking in the free breaks :(

Well, a $ :crazy: 5,000,000 (the face is Dwight) bet would equal $5, if you didn't realize.

I would have to agree as well, they should have had that game taken away... It sad to me to have such a monster team like they do this year be marred with such controversy... NE got caught cheating, the season has been tainted...

If they do manage to go unbeaten, there should definitely be an asterix next to that record.

Do you guys realize how minor and useless what they may have done is? Think of a play in football and how complicated they are. "Z route Whisky Down Red Robin on 3".

Ok, time between plays is maybe 35 seconds. Do you think 2 sidelines full of a couple hundred people are going to decipher some call they see while there's a ton of people walking in the way of the cameras, people moving, getting hurt, audibling, hurry up offense, subbing players in and out, and effectively using some half ass hand signal to stop a run for a first down? They do this a couple hundred timesa game? And you think they've been doing this since 2001?

When Mike Vrabel snaps your QB's ankle in 3 places 'cause he rushes the right side and obliterates your OL, then tell me it was the hand signals. Same with Samuels league tying lead for interceptions.

We are better because people in Oakland are moronic and gave up a guy whos about to break the single season record for most touchdown receptions for a 4th round draft pick. And cause 31 teams picked 200 people before the Patriots chose some guy named Thomas Brady. Now we're using the NFL as toilet paper as we run 60 yard double lateral pass plays on the #1 ranked defense in the NFL, 'cause we're bored. Oh we run up the score on your team? How about to play defense you worthless excuse for a team.

Cry more.

(i bet if your team was 13-0 you'd insist on your teams season being "tainted" too, huh? sore losers, move to boston and shut up)

By the way, http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3151217

Edited by Bawx

Ah, makes sense that Goodell fined $500,000+ and loss of a 1st round pick, since it is so minor.

Belichick was fined $500,000 of his personal money, while the organization was fined $250,000 due to Belichick's involvement within the organization (he's more than just the head coach).

Belichick was fined $500,000 of his personal money, while the organization was fined $250,000 due to Belichick's involvement within the organization (he's more than just the head coach).

I know but the point is, it was the largest fine ever and to lose a 1st round pick big as well. So to say it is minor or no big deal is to say that the punishment is minor as well. But you can't say that because they are the biggest ever. See? MY circular logic makes perfect sense in this case even if circular logic is usually wrong. So there.

Patriots is going to destroy Jets piece by piece, then break them into jigsaw puzzles.

Record 24 point favorites...Gonna be an interesting match. I foresee a possible shut-out or walking over them over with some records in sight...

I know but the point is, it was the largest fine ever and to lose a 1st round pick big as well. So to say it is minor or no big deal is to say that the punishment is minor as well. But you can't say that because they are the biggest ever. See? MY circular logic makes perfect sense in this case even if circular logic is usually wrong. So there.

Nah, you just want to believe that. Thw fine was just to make an example, not because he was really found guilty. Its something that even the league representants have said.

Still, its obvious you want to believe the contrary, fine with me.

Record 24 point favorites...Gonna be an interesting match. I foresee a possible shut-out or walking over them over with some records in sight...

I doubt it'll be a shut out. Once they're up by a gazillion points, the starts will stop playing and then on the first throw by the backup, it'll get returned and then they'll think, "OH SNAP TOO EARLY!" By the end of the game, the Patriots will be up by half a gazillion.