Where's My CD-ROMs..?

Righty then,

In WinXP Pro, for some reason I can no longer see any of my drives:

- 52x CD-ROM

- DVD

- CD-RW

They were working yesterday...but not today, and yet they show up in BIOS on boot-up.

I've checked the IDE & Power cables...any suggestion..?

I am not sure if this will fix your problem or not but I was having a similar problem and the following information may help you. For me the fix required just one adjustment in the registry. The problem actually pertains to Easy cd creator but also affects Nero. I will provide the url below and use method 1. But first remove Nero as you normally would and then you will only need to remove the lower filter when you hack the registry. Good luck

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar...gn&FR=0&qry=cd-

Method One

Remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values completely from the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlClass{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

NOTE: If you are getting a code 39 message, it may be that additional third-party filter drivers were added to UpperFilters and LowerFilters values in addition to Adaptec filter drivers. In that case, you may try to remove the non-Adaptec filter drivers first, leaving the Easy Creator filters in place to see if the Code 39 goes away. If you still receive an error code 39, 32, or 31 message, remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values completely in the preceding key.

Restart your computer.