XBOX360 not reading any games now!

Hi Guys. I brought my second XBOX360 (Pro-HDMI model) after the first one died and this new one, which is only 2 months old now cannot read any of my games properly. I have been using it faultlessly for that time and not had no issues playing on it everyday at some point, but now i cannot get my games to play for anymore than a few minutes if that. I have tried everything, checking my perfect condition discs to see if any dirt is on them etc. I had been playing Mass Effect all this morning and then about afternoon time i got my very first unreadable disc message. I thought it was nothing but when i went to boot the game up again it would get as far as the BioWare splash logo or maybe the title screen and come up with that error repeatedly. i tested other games such and i got the same sort of issues. Its really weird as it was been great for these 2 months and now it's packed up. Has no problems booting into the dash though.

The reason i posted was because i wanted to know if it was possible for me to get it replaced with GAME since i brought it from there? They should accept faulty hardware and replace it, if its within the year of buying it but i wanted to check with you guys first before i do so.

Also if it was possible to get it replaced, would they allow me to upgrade to the Elite if i paid the difference? Its not something i wanted to do, but i think the drive is gone which no fault of my own, so it'll have to go back anyhow.

sorry to hear this has happened. no idea about their policy, but get her changed ASAP, you don't want to be sitting there while your refund/exchange rights tick away.

sorry to hear this has happened. no idea about their policy, but get her changed ASAP, you don't want to be sitting there while your refund/exchange rights tick away.

Game has a 28 day return policy for unopened products. However since the product is now faulty, its surely up to them to deal with the replacement. I have dealt with a couple of companies in the past, namely OcUK when my motherboard for my PC died after 8 months, and they simply replaced it, no fuss at all. So surely the same thing applies here. I can just walk right in and demand a replacement because of the fault, and a upgrade if i wish to do so.

I think i will see what i can do tomorrow about sorting this out, prehaps ring them up first thing in the morning and explain my situation.

do that but my instincts tell me they're not obligated to replace it and can send you MS way? hope not, i'd like you to get the instant change so you can go back to passing the 20K threshold! i know if this was best buy or any other "high street" retailer (as you people call them heh heh) they'd be telling me to talk to the mfg unless i had an extended warranty tacked on.

do that but my instincts tell me they're not obligated to replace it and can send you MS way? hope not, i'd like you to get the instant change so you can go back to passing the 20K threshold! i know if this was best buy or any other "high street" retailer (as you people call them heh heh) they'd be telling me to talk to the mfg unless i had an extended warranty tacked on.

I am sorry but there is no way i am going to sit and wait while i send it to MS to get a replacement. Its only 2 months old and the more i think about it, its my right to demand a replacement from the store i brought it from.

Come to think of it, i brought the first Xbox a few years ago on launch and the drive stopped working and they replaced it with no hassle but i am sure they are more strict on this sort of thing. Best thing for me to do is ring them up and explain, hopefully, they'll understand and do it without an issue. Hell they will have a chance to get an extra ?50 from me if they allow to me upgrade it aswell.

Best thing to do is give them a call, or go into the store you bought it from!

I got my 360 outta Game as well :)

go to the store, don't call. be firm but polite.

and i hear you man, but being reasonable and right doesn't get you far in all situations, the road to hell is paved with good intentions etc. prepare yourself for a bad eventuality...i know my plan B is getting a new machine if mine craps out, i won't wait weeks and weeks for a replacement either...

I don't want to just turn up and look like an idiot really. I think i will phone them tomorrow at some point and if they say its ok i will swap it and get the newest Lot No Elite.

I am fuming at the moment, what a joke GAME is. Here is what happened;

I got it replaced with an Elite this morning and after testing it for about an hour, keeps having unreadable discs after just a couple of minutes aswell! It is not my discs! They work on my friends fine. Also it is loud as hell, even louder than my last one which is personally unacceptable. I rang up GAME where i exchanged it and they actually refused to accept to exchange it again so i thought fine ill go to my local store (which i've have troubles with and try to aviod really) and the manager said they have to test it and i thought fine you do that, but i didnt have time to waste waiting for it to be tested since i wouldn't of wasted my time in the first place going up there. I only brought it about 2 hours ago at that time. He said i had to bring in my own games etc, i thought why? I just want it exchanged for christ sake for another Elite, is that so hard.

In theroy, if they don't accept the exchange then i am allowed to have my money back but he was quick enough to shrug that i coudn't. This is the same guy i had troubles with in the past, saying stuff like "Microsoft is overclocking their system" and refused to accept my Wii back when i was totally unsatified with it. All he was willing to offer was a trade it! I thought WTF, i brought it 2 hours ago!!!

Personally i think this is a joke to be fair, It is within my right to have an exchange or my money back because the product was an unacceptable quality. They were quick to allow the exchange to be made when i was upgrading to the Elite, but when i am unhappy with it and it has the same issues they tell me to f**k off.

I am not a happy bunny.

I am fuming at the moment, what a joke GAME is. Here is what happened;

I got it replaced with an Elite this morning and after testing it for about an hour, keeps having unreadable discs after just a couple of minutes aswell! It is not my discs! They work on my friends fine. Also it is loud as hell, even louder than my last one which is personally unacceptable. I rang up GAME where i exchanged it and they actually refused to accept to exchange it again so i thought fine ill go to my local store (which i've have troubles with and try to aviod really) and the manager said they have to test it and i thought fine you do that, but i didnt have time to waste waiting for it to be tested since i wouldn't of wasted my time in the first place going up there. I only brought it about 2 hours ago at that time. He said i had to bring in my own games etc, i thought why? I just want it exchanged for christ sake for another Elite, is that so hard.

In theroy, if they don't accept the exchange then i am allowed to have my money back but he was quick enough to shrug that i coudn't. This is the same guy i had troubles with in the past, saying stuff like "Microsoft is overclocking their system" and refused to accept my Wii back when i was totally unsatified with it. All he was willing to offer was a trade it! I thought WTF, i brought it 2 hours ago!!!

Personally i think this is a joke to be fair, It is within my right to have an exchange or my money back because the product was an unacceptable quality. They were quick to allow the exchange to be made when i was upgrading to the Elite, but when i am unhappy with it and it has the same issues they tell me to f**k off.

I am not a happy bunny.

What lot number/drive is it?

Finally, what are Game offering you then? A Trade? Whats the difference between that and an exchange? :unsure:

What lot number/drive is it?

Finally, what are Game offering you then? A Trade? Whats the difference between that and an exchange? :unsure:

A trade in. you know where you get like barely anything for the system because it's used :p

Ok i rang up GAME where i brought it from originally today (which is about 5miles where i live) and i explained my issue and they were willing to replace it without fuss and i will go there tomorrow morning to get another exchange.

When i complained about my local GAME to the manager, he told me that couple of people have already complained about the store for similar reasons and i just laughed.

@AudioBoxer

Its 17-10-2007 Lot No#742 with an Hitachi drive. I will be exchanging it tomorrow morning and hopefully i will get the quieter BenQ drive again.

Ok i have been to GAME which they were gladly happy to exchange the machine and again and i am happy to report that everything is working ok now! I tested it for about 2 hours and no disc errors at all and its so quiet and cool! The underneath of the 360 (facing flat) has small blue markings for some reason but its not really an issue since the main reason why i have been exchanging it has now been had the problem resolved. I also got the complaints number from the guy and have already complained about my local GAME so all was happy in the end.

Ok i have been to GAME which they were gladly happy to exchange the machine and again and i am happy to report that everything is working ok now! I tested it for about 2 hours and no disc errors at all and its so quiet and cool! The underneath of the 360 (facing flat) has small blue markings for some reason but its not really an issue since the main reason why i have been exchanging it has now been had the problem resolved. I also got the complaints number from the guy and have already complained about my local GAME so all was happy in the end.

(Y)

What drive did you get this time?

Welcome back my friend :D

It'll be the weekend soon enough and you can break her in proper :rofl: :p

LOL yeah! I have been been testing it by running Mass Effect untouched to bed her in. Its so much cooler than the one it replaced. Of course i will not have time to play tonight as i have a work's christmas party to go to unless of course i get back early.

(Y)

What drive did you get this time?

BenQ :p