Take a look at this

my system lags like mad and when i look in the task manager i see soo many unknown things running...

take a look

what do the follwing do:

SVCHOST

DUMPREP

and why can't i kill them

plseas help me out

post-11-1043096592.jpg

According to a search on google, dumprep.exe does the following:

"This application houses a few simple functions to be used when a separate application is needed to perform certain tasks (such as snapping a minidump of a process, etc)."

It is a MS process so I wouldn't bother trying to shut them down - plus they take up very little memory.

And, according to another google search on svchost.exe I found the following:

"The Svchost.exe file is located in the %SystemRoot%\System32 folder. At startup, Svchost.exe checks the services portion of the registry to construct a list of services that it needs to load. There can be multiple instances of Svchost.exe running at the same time. Each Svchost.exe session can contain a grouping of services, so that separate services can be run depending on how and where Svchost.exe is started. This allows for better control and debugging. "

So again I wouldn't bother trying to close them... They are MS services.

dumprep is a program that collects data about a program that has just crashed. You know the dialog that says "Do you want to send this to Microsoft" Send / Don't Send. If you click send it will run this program to collect system state and memory information about the program.