[Review] LG Venus

I really love my Venus, especially the feature that announces the voice of who's calling.

One problem with it is that the external antenna port, accessible from under the battery compartment, does not seem to snugly fit any antennas I have tried. The port is just too far down to snugly attach any connectors in, which is a real shame in rural areas.

venus-battery.jpg

Secondly, my battery life is absolutely horrible. If I pretty much leave the phone alone it lasts 36 hours. If I'm using it much at all it won't last the day.

I asked for a replacement battery and it is slightly better, but it still needs virtually a charge every day.

I'm taking care to discharge most all the way before charging, and am waiting for charges to finish before disconnecting the phone (supposedly it's better for battery life), but it doesn't seem to have helped.

I hear it's rated for 20 days on standby or 4+ hours of talk time. Wow.

Edited by TigerFX

Secondly, my battery life is absolutely horrible. If I pretty much leave the phone alone it lasts 36 hours. If I'm using it much at all it won't last the day.

I asked for a replacement battery and it is slightly better, but it still needs virtually a charge every day.

I'm taking care to discharge most all the way before charging, and am waiting for charges to finish before disconnecting the phone (supposedly it's better for battery life), but it doesn't seem to have helped.

I hear it's rated for 20 days on standby or 4+ hours of talk time. Wow.

I have no problems with the battery at all. The battery is much better than any cell phone I've owned. If it keeps draining batteries that fast there might be something wrong with your phone, or the way it is charging. I've not charged the battery at all in the past 2 days, and I talked about 3 hours total in those 2 days and the battery meter is showing half charge still.

TigerFX - idk what youre using your phone for, but i dont have trouble w/ the battery life. do you have bluetooth on all day? I found when using vcast for videos, or the camera, the battery dies quickly. otherwise, simple talking or standby is great on the battery.