[NFL] Giants game to be shown nationwide on CBS and NBC

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7604346

"We have taken this extraordinary step because it is in the best interest of our fans," commissioner Roger Goodell said.

This will be the first three-network simulcast in NFL history and the first simulcast of any kind of an NFL game since the first Super Bowl in 1967, when CBS and NBC both televised the first meeting of the champions of the newly merged National Football League and American Football League.

Smart move.

Myself and a coworker were discussing this just today...

I live in Jersey and grew up a life long Giants fan.

Luckily I have Verizon FIOS, so I get the NFL Network, so watching the game was not going to be an issue.

However my father, who happens to live in the same exact town as me but does not have Verizon as his provider, well, he was going to have to come to my house to watch not only his local team play, but also to watch the Patriots go for their undefeated season as well...

It was sheer stupidity on the NFL's behalf to even think about making this game NFL Network only, and it is not surprising they snapped out of it, however it is surprising they even contemplated such a dumb move to begin with.

Smart move.

Myself and a coworker were discussing this just today...

I live in Jersey and grew up a life long Giants fan.

Luckily I have Verizon FIOS, so I get the NFL Network, so watching the game was not going to be an issue.

However my father, who happens to live in the same exact town as me but does not have Verizon as his provider, well, he was going to have to come to my house to watch not only his local team play, but also to watch the Patriots go for their undefeated season as well...

It was sheer stupidity on the NFL's behalf to even think about making this game NFL Network only, and it is not surprising they snapped out of it, however it is surprising they even contemplated such a dumb move to begin with.

Yeah...I live in Pittsburgh and for some reason the Giants are my favorite NFL team. I was ****ed that I was going to have to go somewhere to watch the game since Comcast was nice enough to remove the NFL Network from my Digital Cable plan about 2 months before the season started. The only reason I got the plan I picked was because it came with the NFL Network without having to buy the whole sports package. Blah...

Yeah...I live in Pittsburgh and for some reason the Giants are my favorite NFL team. I was ****ed that I was going to have to go somewhere to watch the game since Comcast was nice enough to remove the NFL Network from my Digital Cable plan about 2 months before the season started. The only reason I got the plan I picked was because it came with the NFL Network without having to buy the whole sports package. Blah...

cox is doing the samething. I give them enough money already. once the nhl season is over I'm going to look into getting sat tv.

WOW Probably the best chance to see a Pats Loss! A MUST SEE!!!

no way. You're saying the Giants backups have a better chance to beat them than teams like the Jaguars, Colts, or Chargers?

no way. You're saying the Giants backups have a better chance to beat them than teams like the Jaguars, Colts, or Chargers?

Almost second half, no back ups yet. Looks like they're going to put up a fight, yay!

Uh, Eagles?

The closest game was against the Ravens. The Patriots were losing up until 44 seconds left in the game, while with the Eagles, they maintained a lead and stopped a drive with just under four minutes remaining. In the game against the Colts, the Pats scored with a little over three minutes left to get and hold onto the lead. They also lead in the Giants game for a while, with the three point margin coming in at under a minute left in the game (thanks to the Giants lack of urgency in getting their plays called on their last drive). The Ravens game was the closest they came to losing, not to mention the last second catch two yards outside the end zone, that would've been a killer.

The closest game was against the Ravens. The Patriots were losing up until 44 seconds left in the game, while with the Eagles, they maintained a lead and stopped a drive with just under four minutes remaining. In the game against the Colts, the Pats scored with a little over three minutes left to get and hold onto the lead. They also lead in the Giants game for a while, with the three point margin coming in at under a minute left in the game (thanks to the Giants lack of urgency in getting their plays called on their last drive). The Ravens game was the closest they came to losing, not to mention the last second catch two yards outside the end zone, that would've been a killer.

They got lucky on that 4th down timeout call too.

Uh, Eagles?

eagles was second closest. ravens was without a doubt the closest. You must not have watched the game, because the ravens had the game won several times, but one time they granted a timeout that should not have been granted (coordinators cannot call timeouts) and other times the pats got calls in their favor.

the ravens came about as close to winning as you can without winning. The Eagles were competitive but Feeley let the game slip away late.

They got lucky on that 4th down timeout call too.

Indeed they did, but in regards to how close they came to losing, the Colts game was closer than the Eagles because they had to get the lead first, while with the Eagles, they maintained it; same with the Giants.