UFC 82 "Pride of a Champion"

Please Hendo, lighten up this division! Otherwise I fear for total Silva dominance in this division!

Still, this is no easy fight for Silva. Infact, I think Hendo can definately win this one!

• 1 month later...

Final Card!

Main Card:

-Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson

-Cheick Kongo vs. Heath Herring

-Yushin Okami vs. Evan Tanner

-Jon Fitch vs. Chris Wilson

-Diego Sanchez vs. David Bielkheden

Preliminary Card:

-Andrei Arlovski vs. Jake O'Brien

-Luke Cummo vs. Luigi Fioravanti

-Josh Koscheck vs. Dustin Hazelett

-Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson

Poor old Arlovski this is his last fight in his UFC contract so I wouldn't be surprised if thats it for him off to EliteXC or M1

This could be his last fight, but why the hell is Arlovski on the Preliminary?

It could be down to the fact he won't sign new deal with UFC.

Damn, excellent card.

If Silva takes this, his going to dominate like Hughes did in his weight division.

Whats up with Arlovski? I would just pay to watch that guy. He is a top fighter.

Damn, excellent card.

If Silva takes this, his going to dominate like Hughes did in his weight division.

Whats up with Arlovski? I would just pay to watch that guy. He is a top fighter.

Silva will win I think, its strange Henderson fought Rampage at a different weight and now has to comedown to face Silva because he had 2 titles at 2 weights.

I cannot forgive Arlovski for his fight with Silvia. He disappoints is why he ain't up there.

Everyone has at least one off day and that was his

Even his last fight against Fabricio seemed to show his lack of nerve. To me it seems he is embarking on his deflation journey, you know the ones where explosive boxers often turn to defensive fighters at the downslope of their careers. Cautious to not get hurt. He is still dangerous but not a champion.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit tempted by this on MMA Junkie

The UFC and Yahoo! Sports partnership allows anyone with a web connection to purchase and view live UFC events. Viewers will get the same feed that cable/satellite users receive when purchasing an event.

The online price for UFC 82 is $44.95 ? the same as the cable/satellite price ? and is offered in several high-quality video streaming resolutions, including a very high-definition feed 1,200k. Additionally, online purchasers will be able to watch the video as many times as they want in a 24-hour period.

Especially the 1,200k feed.

twas a good event.. by the sounds of it the prelim fights were much better then the aired fights, arlovski, koschek and sanchez all won by tko. I won't ruin it for anyone that hasn't seen it yet.. but i will say that i did lose alot of respect for Silva for not touching gloves at the beginning of the round when henderson had his hand out.

Silva is dominating and is probably the best in the world, thought it was good Arlovski won that would be his probably last chance at the title.

It was really stupid that Arlovski wasn't on the card. I doubt we'll see him in the Octogon again soon, which is a shame really.

The PRIDE curse hits again. Hendo suffering another loss and now title-less. I wonder what is next for Silva except a rematch against Hendo, because Hendo looked very strong in that first round, but he needs to work on his stand up because he looked pretty shakey during the standup throughout and that ultimately was his downfall allowing Silva to get the choke.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has obtained UFC 82 salary figures from the Ohio Athletic Commission, and Andrei Arlovski ? a former UFC heavyweight champ who wasn?t even on the night?s televised card ? earned the night?s biggest reported base salary with $170,000.

The night?s other top-paid fighters included main-event competitors Anderson Silva ($140,000) and Dan Henderson ($100,000), as well as main-card heavyweight Heath Herring ($140,000).

UFC 82 took place at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio. The 10-fight card drew 16,431 spectators for a live gate of $2.2 million.

The total disclosed payroll for the event was $932,000.

The full salary figures include:

Anderson Silva ($140,000) def. Dan Henderson ($100,000)

Heath Herring ($140,000) def. Cheick Kongo ($30,000)

Chris Leben ($50,000) def. Alessio Sakara ($17,000)

Yushin Okami ($28,000) def. Evan Tanner ($25,000)

Jon Fitch ($60,000) def. Chris Wilson ($12,000)

Andrei Arlovski ($170,000) def. Jake O?Brien ($11,000)

Luigi Fioravanti ($16,000) def. Luke Cummo ($16,O00)

Josh Koscheck ($20,000) def. Dustin Hazelett ($12,000)

Diego Sanchez ($60,000) def. David Bielkheden ($8,000)

Jorge Gurgel ($14,000) def. John Halverson ($3,000)

All the winning fighters (except for Arlovski) received pay that awarded 50 percent ?to show? and 50 percent as a ?win bonus.? Arlovski earned $105,000 as a base salary and an additional $65,000 as a bonus for his victory.

Now, the usual disclaimer: the figures do not include deductions for items such as insurance, licenses and taxes. Additionally, the figures do not include money paid by sponsors, which can oftentimes be a substantial portion of a fighter?s income. They also do not include any other ?locker-room? or special bonuses the UFC oftentimes pays. In other words, these are simply base salaries reported to the commission and do not reflect entire compensation packages for the event.

These salary figures also do not include the UFC?s traditional ?fight night? bonuses. As we previously reported, Silva earned $60,000 Fight of the Night and $60,000 Submission of the Night bonuses, Henderson earned $60,000 for Fight of the Night, and Leben earned $60,000 for Knockout of the Night.

twas a good event.. by the sounds of it the prelim fights were much better then the aired fights, arlovski, koschek and sanchez all won by tko. I won't ruin it for anyone that hasn't seen it yet.. but i will say that i did lose alot of respect for Silva for not touching gloves at the beginning of the round when henderson had his hand out.

Who cares if they don't touch gloves, they already did when the official makes them at the beginning. They're going in there to tear each other's faces off, not have a tea party. I loved Hendo's class at the end though. He knew he got beat fair and square.

Random thoughts throughout UFC 82:

Okami with the predicted KO

Koscheck had a really interesting fight. Anyone see the huuuge kick to the head in the end? The kid stood up well for himself. He was only 21! (although he did get beat)

I may not like the crippler, but does he ever throw down!! He doesn't even care if he gets hit, the other guy will crumple first most of the time haha.. He's so entertaining. For the record, I did think that was a legit stoppage because legionarius got hit on the button 2 times and then Leben rained down 4 or 5 more blows, then the guy starts complaining after the fight is over. Buddy, you lost.

I thought Kongo would win the fight easily, but props to the Texas crazyhorse :D

Anderson Silva won as I predicted, but he did have some trouble in the first.

Okami with the predicted KO

Koscheck had a really interesting fight. Anyone see the huuuge kick to the head in the end? The kid stood up well for himself. He was only 21! (although he did get beat)

I may not like the crippler, but does he ever throw down!! He doesn't even care if he gets hit, the other guy will crumple first most of the time haha.. He's so entertaining. For the record, I did think that was a legit stoppage because legionarius got hit on the button 2 times and then Leben rained down 4 or 5 more blows, then the guy starts complaining after the fight is over. Buddy, you lost.

I thought Kongo would win the fight easily, but props to the Texas crazyhorse :D

Anderson Silva won as I predicted, but he did have some trouble in the first.

I thought the card turned out great.