Windows XP Pro Version 2002

A friend of mine went to the store yesterday and got a new full version copy of Windows XP Pro that had the words "Version 2002" on the box.

Is there anything new and/or different here on this version?

I did notice one thing. On the User Accounts section at the Control Panel, when you click it, the pretty window with the graphics is not there. Instead, the window looks like the Windows 2000 window.

Anyone else knows?

xp has always been version 2002. its always been on the box since the day it came out in october of 2001. old user admin box comes up if the computer is a member of a domain...

:blink: wow, i don't believe there are actually other ppl like me out there that actually BOUGHT windows xp. btw mine says 2002 on the box too, it's not anything new

No it doesn't have sp1 with it. I bought the same one in sept. of 2002 and I don't know the differences that it may have had.

what doesn't have sp1 with it? the last copy of xp i bought had sp1 on it already...other than that, no differences. and i saw the version 2002 on it. it's like office xp is also known as office 2002 (kinda)

what doesn't have sp1 with it? the last copy of xp i bought had sp1 on it already...other than that, no differences. and i saw the version 2002 on it. it's like office xp is also known as office 2002 (kinda)

How did you know it had SP1 already built-in?

When did you buy it? (date please)

Thanks

in october. or november. i think. somewhere in there.

and there was a sticker. it said. sp1 included. and i installed it. and checked. and whoop. what do you know...sp1. :)

and that said 2002 on it. but my xp disc that i got when i first got xp, said 2002 on the box too. there's nothing special with that 2002 number. it doesn't mean you get sp1, or don't get it. but i'm assuming all the copies that you'll buy now will have sp1 on there already.

yeah, thanks. :D

I already realize that. My Xp pro says version 2002. Only my box is Blue. And it is not already slipstreamed. I had to make one. It really makes installation easier. I haven't had problems with SP-1 BTW.