Xbox Support - How can I test your patience today?

cheap or not, it isn't the point really. this was a legit support issue that they botched badly. plain and simple.

Not really, if it had of been sent via registered post or whatever you guys call it then he wouldn't of had to keep calling to check where it was.

If you are ever going to send ANYTHING anywhere just use registered post, and you will never have this heartache.

That's unfortunately not true in this case. Although I tend to agree with you (next time this kind of thing happens, I'll probably pay some more for registered post), the problem with the original plate not being received in the first place was just the first problem. It got solved one month later, this leaves us with 3 other months of useless non-sense from Xbox. That's also why I wrote all of this: in the end, the only feeling that really stick is "no matter how hard you try, they still won't care".

I left a message on their answering machine again today. I just know my concept of 24 hours is different from theirs and I know they won't call me back, they never did. I don't intend to continue spending my time and energy in such a futile thing though, this thread ends all of it.

Edited by Patchou

xbox support sucks!

i called one time to cancel my live account and i had to deal with a person who could barely speak english. it toke way to long to just cancel my account.

Not really, if it had of been sent via registered post or whatever you guys call it then he wouldn't of had to keep calling to check where it was.

Yeah, because that's what this whole story is about! :rolleyes:

xbox support sucks!

i called one time to cancel my live account and i had to deal with a person who could barely speak english. it toke way to long to just cancel my account.

They should really let you cancel a subscription online - You can set it up online!

Complete waste of a phone call/time.

But it's not really that big an issue... would just be nice.

As for the topic at hand, that's really crappy what happened to you (N)

Customer Support will never get it 100% right all the time, but when you've been screwed as many times as you were, it's just not acceptable :no:

i keep waiting for brandon to come on and claim how wonderful xbox support is. i mean its awesome that he does show on here, and hopefully he'll be the guy that makes this all right...however, still don't think it should have to come to posting on a big forum to get resolved.

and even if you had sent it with delivery confirmation, they probably would have sent you the hotrod plate sooner anyway. still not the right plate, but sooner! woo hoo.

Wow. Totally blown away by this story, it really is amazing to me all of this over a faceplate.

And while I aslo agree, the most prudent thing to do would have been to get the original one you sent back insured and with a tracking number, that is not the point. I also believe people are not keeping in mind the fiasco you had to go through getting the console to begin with, so I personally can say I do not blame you at all for not getting the insurance on the send back to them as it really should not have even been asked of you to send it back to begin with. More on that below.

As many know here I am currently not all that keen on MS Support since I am now sending back my 2nd 360 to them, however I have to say, besides the poor build quality of the consoles themselves, my other experiences with the support center were about the exact opposite of yours, and in all fairness even with my console, I never had an issue other than it taking an incredibly long time to get my replacements. So while it may have been lengthy at times, calling in and reporting it and requesting a replacement has always been a pleasant experience.

Why it makes no sense to me you had to send the face plate back.

Besides the consoles, I have had 1 controller just stop working on me.

Replacement sent out no questions asked, right away, no need for me to return.

I have also had 2 wired headsets stop working on me (yes 2, not even sure why as I treat them delicately).

Same deal, no questions asked, replacement sent out right away, and no need to send them back.

I also thought my wireless headset was not working correctly. They sent me a replacement, and with that replacement provided me with the box to send it back to them if I recall correctly. Something happened as I only currently have one.

It actually turns out it was just the wireless headset not working very well IMO, it was not broken.

In all of the above cases, I got my replacements within 5 days tops. With the controller, it was insane turn around like only 2 days.

So although I am not a huge supporter of them one way or the other, I have to say it is absolutely atrocious you had to deal with all of this over a stupid faceplate. Absolutely uncalled for. Especially considering I have now had 5 peripherals in which they did not require I send anything back to them and sent me my replacements ASAP.

I would be remiss not mentioning the fact that I also did purchase the extended warranty direct from MS.

I make sure to mention this right away on any call I make to them, and perhaps it is my imagination, but it does feel as if I have gotten "preferred" service as a result.

Thats sounds about right; Xbox customer service is a complete and pathetic joke. If the decision to buy a console was based solely on a companies customer support, I would have run away from MS who unfortunatley has absolutely fantastic windows/office support!

I got a replacement for my wired headset not too long ago, but it seems to have died *again* (much like DirtyLarry).

Anyways, I called in and they wouldn't send me a new one 'til I tested the headset on a different XBOX. I thought that was complete bull, because what if I didn't have friends? :p

There's no way in hell I'm going out of my way to test it on a different console, considering my wireless headset "works" (it's horrible -- always disconnecting -- but that's another story) and my Messenger Kit headset is perfect.

I am just waiting until tomorrow when I will call them again and naturally, I have tested it in two other XBOXs :)

//sarcasm

Addition:

The first replacement was awesome. No BSing around, gave them the serial number, name confirmation, address confirmation, new headset in under 5 days (not sure exactly).

I thank you so much for this story. It's not very often you read a long, well written post.

Companies could give a **** about anyone. I know this. My dad worked in retail at a certain home improvement store. People don't care about the customers. The managers told my dad to lie to people about returns, etc. just to make a few bucks. I don't care how much of a fanboy you are, whether for Apple, Microsoft, Sony, or any other big company, they're going to get you good. It's business.

I'm sorry about your experience. I cannot believe this could go on.

That's incredible, I don't think I would have had the patience to put up with all of that. I probably would have given up after the blue one got shipped to me.

I really enjoyed reading a well-written, long & interesting post for once, thank you (Y)

But i must say, there is no words for the situation you are in and have been through, no excuse!

Hope a Microsoft employee ( Wink Wink ) Sees this and compensates you, with like gold & jewelry.

But as suggested, spray that white one black, no ones gonna notice :laugh:

yeah... where are they when you need them the most? vacations maybe? :p

man microsoft suck! lol

i had an issue once with ZTE, some phone company. the battery on my phone was just ****ed up basically, and i rang them up, spoke to someone straight away, told them what happened, and they sent me a new one, no questions asked :) whats more: they sent it by express registered post, so i got it in 2 days. and even though after a short time, i had trouble with the replacement battery, they sent me another one after that. i didnt have to send any back. every company should be like that lol. the phone is crap to be honest, but the customer service is really good :)

maybe the ethics are different in different countries lol (im in australia).

definitely wrong what they did. i was considering buying a 360, but yeah heard too many stories about trouble with the console, and if customer service is gonna be like that, i'll have no hope lol

ah well, thats microsoft for ya

Wow, that's a long story.

But I agree with you. The Microsoft (Xbox) service sucks.

Here in the Netherlands, we have a bad Microsoft Xbox Service too.

Here you must wait 20 minutes before you can speak somebody.

Now I have a Playstation 3 and that works much better!

i do not remember the last time i read a post that long word for word. THat was good, but my experience with XBOX support has been great (well sorta, i had one guy for the life of me i couldn't understand and got angry at me because i kept asking him to repeat himself). But they would call me back after the call to see how it all went.

good story :)

Xbox Support is useless I got to be honest with you. I feel sorry for you suffering over such a small problem, which could have easily been fixed by them.

Unfortunately, I'm not really one to think before I speak or do, and for that matter just think generally. So, let me tell you my little story about Xbox support.

The Xbox (original) worked really well, I'll be fair on that one. I never really had to contact support over the console itself, it was just mainly Xbox LIVE. The 360 worked well also, until I phoned support. The problem I had, of sound and picture quality loss, including the picture jumping and sound also jumping, was not fixed by Microsoft. Indeed, they put it down to a hardware fault which required me to have a new Xbox 360. That was fine by me. I could take it back with just the 360, change my hard drive over etc. Not that simple.

Apparently, my retailer, GAME, had been told by Microsoft that they were not allowed to do that. But, just a day before on the 15th November 2006, Liis (Xbox 360 Support Representative) had told me this WAS possible. So had one or two other reps. So why was there a problem?

Eventually, after a few arguments with the guy in GAME and me almost being thrown out of the store, the manager settled it in my favour and the 360 was replaced. HOWEVER, the problem still existed. After just sitting down for 5 minutes, I figured out the problem was indeed a display problem. So why couldn't support help me with this?

Xbox LIVE has also been a huge source of my problems for a while as well. Between IP and DNS settings which again, the support service could not help me with, it has been a right mess. Overall, not satisfied.

26th September 2007 - the release of Halo 3. Unfortunately, my discs were scratched. I sent mine back to Microsoft. After waiting their promised 5 day return limit, which ended up being one month, I was returned one game disc. No case, no limited edition disc or box, or manuals as paid for. Just one disc. So that was indeed ?44.99 down the drain. I did however battle it out with Microsoft and can now say I've successfully ended up with one game, but two cases. I really must thank Trading Standards for that one who helped me threaten them with legal action!

First of all, I didn't read any other posts, so if someone said this, sorry.

You can't expect them to send you a faceplate without you sending yours.

What's to stop everyone from asking for free face plates, if there was no way of proving theres was broken, or they even had one in the first place, anyone could get them free. You might be honest about it, but a lot of people wouldn't. I know I sure wouldn't trust the average person if I was xbox.

Also, you're dealing with some guy who is working for xbox, I doubt he has the authority to send things to whoever he wants. He is just doing what he is told to do, and doesn't need your bull**** attitude on the phone. You shouldn't be getting mad at him, it's not his fault that he isn't in charge of the company, and can't issue free things to anybody who asks. Oh, but maybe you were different, because you said yours was broken.

The xbox probably broke in the mail, which I believe the post office advised you not to do in the first place. So you should consider yourself lucky for even getting a blue one, and extremely lucky for the second white one, and stop your complaining.

Also, I would like to say that I have dealt with there support myself, it may not be the best, but when they asked for my xbox when it was broken, I sent it, and within 2 weeks I had a new, better than before xbox.

Maybe they just didn't care about your 10$ faceplate, but I wouldn't waste my time with a small thing like an ugly xbox if I were them either. You should have just bought one, it's not like they're expensive.

First of all, I didn't read any other posts, so if someone said this, sorry.

You can't expect them to send you a faceplate without you sending yours.

What's to stop everyone from asking for free face plates, if there was no way of proving theres was broken, or they even had one in the first place, anyone could get them free. You might be honest about it, but a lot of people wouldn't. I know I sure wouldn't trust the average person if I was xbox.

Also, you're dealing with some guy who is working for xbox, I doubt he has the authority to send things to whoever he wants. He is just doing what he is told to do, and doesn't need your bull**** attitude on the phone. You shouldn't be getting mad at him, it's not his fault that he isn't in charge of the company, and can't issue free things to anybody who asks. Oh, but maybe you were different, because you said yours was broken.

The xbox probably broke in the mail, which I believe the post office advised you not to do in the first place. So you should consider yourself lucky for even getting a blue one, and extremely lucky for the second white one, and stop your complaining.

Also, I would like to say that I have dealt with there support myself, it may not be the best, but when they asked for my xbox when it was broken, I sent it, and within 2 weeks I had a new, better than before xbox.

Maybe they just didn't care about your 10$ faceplate, but I wouldn't waste my time with a small thing like an ugly xbox if I were them either. You should have just bought one, it's not like they're expensive.

Hang on.. wait... you want him to put a white face plate on a black Xbox 360?

Secondly, whats the problem with sending a faceplate first? Its an extremely cheap piece of crap... why would you want to order them when you don't need them? To solve this just make sure you check if the person sends their faceplate back otherwise blacklist them so they don't call up asking for more. One per Xbox.

He has every right to be ****ed for the way they've screwed him around.