Zombie Panic: Source v1.0 released!

At long wait, Zombie Panic: Source for Half-Life 2 has been released! For those who have been playing Zombie Panic for Half-Life 1, must be very eager to play the Source version. But of course, it is always possible you never heard of Zombie Panic before. Thus, a small explanation of the modification: The basic idea of the Zombie Panic is to create solid game play that is based on a classic zombie outbreak scenario, the living dead are coming for the last remaining humans, and these survivors must fight them off and live through the day. Everyone joins a server, in the beginning you can either choose to join the human team or you can volunteer to be the first zombie. If no one volunteers the game will pick one human randomly and the game begins.

The starter zombie's goal is to, of course kill the humans while the human goal is to stay alive as long as possible, complete objectives, or even wipe out all the zombies. The catch is that when a human is slayed he will simply join the ranks of the undead, now ready to finish off his old living teammates. The humans can't tell by the player list who's alive and who's not, eventually there will only be one survivor still standing if all goes wrong, facing all the zombies which use to be allies, with his back to a wall. The zombies only have a certain number of reinforcements (lives), when a zombie is killed they lose 1 life from the counter. However, when a human is killed they gain 1 life. If the zombies only have 1 respawn left the humans can win the round by killing off the remaining undead left on the map.

Download: http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/Zombie...t_Release;85371

It's really good fun, especially if you use your microphone. Very tense game.

I've been looking for a good zombie game to keep me busy until Left 4 Dead is released. I'll try this out. Thanks for the heads up.

NICeEeeeeEEe

im gonna start downloading this in a bit. im assuming its 100% free?

Completely. It's really good fun if you get your mic on the go :D

Would be better if it wasn't so slow in the movement part of it.

The more you carry, the heavier you get.

The speed is perfect. Makes it very tense.

Its not tense when zombies are slower than humans even if they are carrying 4 weapons and full on ammo :/

Zombie Panic for HL1 was faster paced..

People online told me that it took 6 years to develop this game. If that's true then it certainly doesn't look well made. The graphics on some levels are quite glitchy, the movement is really slow, and it's sometimes hard to tell if a zombie is coming after you or a human. The level design needs some work too. I thought this would keep me busy until "Left 4 Dead" is released. I'm sad to say that I was wrong. The original Zombie Panic was better (and more fun).

I only ever have my pistol and melee weapons.

That's actually the first thing I noticed. At first I thought "Well okay, I'm moving really slow. Maybe I can sprint.", but that wasn't the case at all. I don't know of any way to sprint. Left 4 Dead will blow this game out of the water, literally.

That's actually the first thing I noticed. At first I thought "Well okay, I'm moving really slow. Maybe I can sprint.", but that wasn't the case at all. I don't know of any way to sprint. Left 4 Dead will blow this game out of the water, literally.

Wow I just checked that L4D out and oh my that looks like my month is booked when its released.

Zombie Panic, is really fun, but there are a couple people that ruin the game.

The patch will fix a lot of problems. This is only a beta.