Help big problem

Ok i think i should just make a book and call it "idiots" and then put my picture on the front because i have totally messed up my computer...

Here's the problem, a while back i was gonna try linux on my pc so i downloaded all 6 cd's and burned them. Put disc 1 in my drive and restarted then gave it time to load for about 10 mins just seeing if it would but it didn't, and all of a sudden my pc goes hella slow and it take's forever for the disc to come out. So i go ok...that didn't work oh well back to my windows world ;). Come back and then a few day's later i wanted to reformat, so i stick my reformat disc in and restart and it show's up a red screen that is blinking and saying "Please contact customer service" CD Error (before this it would bring up a blue screen and give me options of what i wanted to do btw...). So im ****ed, i try my other drive and i still get the same error. So i was hoping it would only be the disc. I contacted customer support and they told me to order a new reformat disc, ok that's cool but only one thing. My whole computer is going down the drain every single day it get's badder and badder. This morning i tried copying the reformat disc to another using both nero and clonecd, but still the same error. So put the CUE image (that CloneCD made) and i mount it into daemon tool's. It read's the CUE image fine. I try both copy's of the CD's but still the same thing over and over... Another way i know that the CD reading is somehow messed is because i think everyone who uses XP know's the little CD icon that appears near the cusor when you insert a CD...that does not show up anymore. Plus when i stick a disc in, it show's files from other CD's that i just had in that drive. :pinch:

and yes i am somewhat of a complete n00b to linux...

So now im stuck and i need to reformat, does anyone have any idea's of what i could do? I don't have enuff money for a new computer right now. :crazy: thx... :no: