[ UK ] Pipeline Card

I've just seen this card advertised in a signature here, it seems like they have a good thing going...

All UK drivers I'm sure know how much we're getting stiffed on fuel ... so I guess sign-up!

Pipelinecard.org

ll those involved in the oil business are getting their cut from the inflated prices we're paying on the forecourts - the oil-well owners, refineries and filling stations. In February of this year Shell announced record annual profits of $25.36 BILLION. On top of that the government siphons off nearly 70% of the price you pay in tax.

These organisations behave as if petrol and diesel are luxury goods, and driving is a hobby. We are not 'motorists' as the media like to call us. We are teachers, nurses, workers and parents! WE DRIVE BECAUSE WE HAVE TO - NOT BECAUSE WE WANT TO!

There are nearly 32 million of us in the UK. If a large number of us stand together and chose to give all our custom to one major forecourt chain, we could negotiate a substantial discount for ourselves. PIPELINE CARD was established to achieve that and we already have over 500,000 supporters. It's a great start but we have learnt, to our cost, that it's not enough to make them budge. So we need more members...

It costs absolutely nothing to join, but by joining Pipeline Card today you strengthen our clout as well as making yourself eligible to buy fuel at a discount. By telling other drivers about this website you can make that happen sooner - and do them a favour into the bargain.

OK, so basically they hate the oil companies, but want to give all their business to just one of them. Then when the other oil companies realise they are losing customers, they lower their prices to below that of the one who was chosen. Then obviously, the pipeline card holders are not going to stick with the one they chose once the others have lower prices. So the chosen one has to lower prices again etc etc etc.

Only that isn't going to happen. Do they really think that the chosen one will stick to this once they see that the card holders go to the others once prices have gone down?

Here is a link to the basic breakdown of the price of petrol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7082847.stm

The problem is the duty paid is too high, and then VAT has to be paid as well.

Edited by metallithrax

This card has been knocking around for a few years. Lot's of promises, taking a lot of people's signups, yet delivering nothing.

And people should lay off the oil companies - oil is actually very fairly priced - it's the tax that screws you!

This card has been knocking around for a few years. Lot's of promises, taking a lot of people's signups, yet delivering nothing.

And people should lay off the oil companies - oil is actually very fairly priced - it's the tax that screws you!

I agree.

Basically what I was going to say - So many signups, and not alot being done.