Good evening everyone

Hello,

My name is Jeff and I have been exploring various Linux programs for quite a while. I like the Gentoo operating operating system, because it makes you learn the system while installing it. Although, time consuming to do however it is quite fun to learn. I am a full time construction equipment mechanic as well as a full time student in school. I have been a mechanic for 17 years and before that repaired co2 lasers. I started school this year and decided to take 90 credits to earn my degree in 13 months. I have a wife and one son who is 13 years old. I have been married for 18 years to the most wonderful woman in the world.

I read the posting from Couch Potato, and figured they needed to know that there are other of us old farts out there. :)

Again, Hello.

Mr.Hillbilly

Welcome! We have an active Linux section here, and if you are experienced, I am sure that the Shift team would appreciate any little bit of help you might offer as they work on Neowins official distro. It is a learning experience you might appreciate.

I have seen CO2 lasers used in robotic welding, but never maintained them. And, as old farts goes, you are in good company. I am 41, and we have people here even older. I won't mention Linux mod Barney by name - it might embarrass him. :p

Welcome to Neowin! It's great to have another hillbilly here, as well as someone who's got a few years on them. :) We're not all pups here. ;)