Win9x Patch , you can play XP games and use programs

There is still a reason why my old Windows 98/2000 box is running Fedora 9.

Oddly enough, with 320 MB of RAM and a PIII 550, it runs Linux (with GNOME by the way) a lot better than it ran Windows 98.

There is still a reason why my old Windows 98/2000 box is running Fedora 9.

Oddly enough, with 320 MB of RAM and a PIII 550, it runs Linux (with GNOME by the way) a lot better than it ran Windows 98.

Yeah right..... Windows 9x is dos based.... DOS has alot guts to it and much more better then linux.... Its very powerful.... Can linux run simcity 2000 noo it can't!

Yeah right..... Windows 9x is dos based.... DOS has alot guts to it and much more better then linux.... Its very powerful.... Can linux run simcity 2000 noo it can't!

Just because it can run SimCity doesn't mean it'll run faster on old hardware.

dear, oh dear..

Edit: While were at it, lets all play the original test drive on our window 3.1 machines...

I'm so sorry, but using 98 is just :| :o :wacko: BUT i guess to each, his own. I'm certain there are lots of computer related jobs that are productive nowadays using 98se

Edited by maudit

Does nVidia or ATI even make video card drivers for win98?

No Nvidia last video cards for 98 is 2006 :( I've installed windows 98 se on my amd xp 2500 1.8ghz 512mb of ram box and it runs amazingly fast! I love it! I can't believe how much more responsive windows 9x is compared NT based OSes

No Nvidia last video cards for 98 is 2006 :( I've installed windows 98 se on my amd xp 2500 1.8ghz 512mb of ram box and it runs amazingly fast! I love it! I can't believe how much more responsive windows 9x is compared NT based OSes

Do you know how many security holes are in Windows 98?

Do you know how many security holes are in Windows 98?

None? All worms like blaster were all NT based. 9x is a very secure OS believe it or not.... Its simple network system doesn't make it harmful to worms etc....

None? All worms like blaster were all NT based. 9x is a very secure OS believe it or not.... Its simple network system doesn't make it harmful to worms etc....

*COUGH* naive... *COUGH*

well at least no new ones are developed anymore, or if, just few...

Glassed Silver:mac

No security holes?

More like no security at all! All files readable by all. All users have write access all over. No account separation.

It was a nice OS at the time, but its time has long gone in a security-minded world.

No security holes?

More like no security at all! All files readable by all. All users have write access all over. No account separation.

It was a nice OS at the time, but its time has long gone in a security-minded world.

Also, anybody could steal your computer, bypass the password box and they have access to everything.

No security holes?

Everytime I used anyones windows xp computer there were all logged in an administrator anyways :rolleyes:

Everytime I used anyones windows xp computer there were all logged in an administrator anyways :rolleyes:

That is a user problem, not an OS issue.

Falk sez BIOS P/W...

Glassed Silver:mac

• 11 months later...

Time makes everything insecure, XP is the worst kind of insecure OS I've ever seen (people could remotely attack!) I did not see such in W98! (remember that damn blaster virus?) that is just to name ONE! Life before SP2 was HELL!

I still remember those days, Install XP, tweak it, optimize it, install softwares, start internet AND BANG! Install XP, tweak it, blah blah blah (i even remember having dreams of setups 10% 20% FAILED! ERROR! etc) hehe :D Even after disabling most of the services @services.msc, out of no-where, worms pop and shutdown system (new worms, viruses 2 to 3 times a month!!!)

Time makes everything insecure, XP is the worst kind of insecure OS I've ever seen (people could remotely attack!) I did not see such in W98! (remember that damn blaster virus?) that is just to name ONE! Life before SP2 was HELL!

I still remember those days, Install XP, tweak it, optimize it, install softwares, start internet AND BANG! Install XP, tweak it, blah blah blah (i even remember having dreams of setups 10% 20% FAILED! ERROR! etc) hehe :D Even after disabling most of the services @services.msc, out of no-where, worms pop and shutdown system (new worms, viruses 2 to 3 times a month!!!)

2hyzz0w.gif

WAY TO NECRO A THREAD