How to download WindowsUpdates to cdr?

With NT4 updates, at least some of the older ones you can get from:

corporate.windowsupdate.microsoft.com

With Windows 98, Millennium, 2000, XP, 2003 you can get the updates from Windows Update. Go into the Preferences and choose Show Windows Update Catalog.

Go into the Widowns Update Catalog and this will allow you to download updates to disk

I had to do that once, and here's what I did:

When WU downloads the updates, it puts them in a folder C:\WUTEMP. You have to have hidden files and folders enabled to see it. All I do it wait until they're all downloaded and the install process has started, and I highlight all the files and copy them to another location. When Windows Update is finished, it will delete all the files in WUTEMP but you will have already made a copy to another location! Kind of a roundabout way of doing it, but it worked great for me.

I had to do that once, and here's what I did:

When WU downloads the updates, it puts them in a folder C:\WUTEMP. You have to have hidden files and folders enabled to see it. All I do it wait until they're all downloaded and the install process has started, and I highlight all the files and copy them to another location. When Windows Update is finished, it will delete all the files in WUTEMP but you will have already made a copy to another location! Kind of a roundabout way of doing it, but it worked great for me.

I do that aswell, works great ;) ....

Radish.

I can't add to the wisdom already posted, except to say got the the download section of Microsoft.com and look for the one you want, download it, then move your hand to your mouse causing the white pointer to activate your CD burning software, select your downloaded file, and burn it.

Job done.

Your hand can go back to whatever it was doing previously. :D