Hello Everyone!

Hello neowins... My name is Jason, I'm 30, from St. louis, MO and I enjoy long walks on the beach lol Anyway I've been puttering around on the web for over 20 years now and now venturing out into building my first computer. I need an upgrade from my hp1101n badly and it seems cheaper to build and I'll probably enjoy doing it myself. Well I'm off to roam the forums!

Thanks for all the welcomes! Oh and Lasker, thanks... I've almost gotten used to being the oldest person in some of the forums I visit lol

Hi Jason, welcome. I see that you started early with your surfing habits! About 9 or 10 years old! You have to be one of the pioneers because the internet is only officially about 17/18 YEARS old! The World Wide Web was created in 1989 by Sir Tim Berners-Lee. Oh and don't worry about being the oldest person at this forum, I am sure that there are a few here who are quite a bit older than 30! I will be hitting 49 in three days time so do not feel so bad. I would give my left nut to be 30 again! :)

Hi Jason, welcome. I see that you started early with your surfing habits! About 9 or 10 years old! You have to be one of the pioneers because the internet is only officially about 17/18 YEARS old! The World Wide Web was created in 1989 by Sir Tim Berners-Lee. Oh and don't worry about being the oldest person at this forum, I am sure that there are a few here who are quite a bit older than 30! I will be hitting 49 in three days time so do not feel so bad. I would give my left nut to be 30 again! :)

Yep you're right about the timeline... I admit I should have said "about 20 years". My Dad was using Gopher and I think FidoNet back in the day so I'm not too sure when that was around. I did take an extended break from the internet and started back on when WebTV came out. I think WebTV excludes me from being a pioneer lol