Dust?!

Hmm, i just went into my computer [havnt opened for month or so], and i found so much damn dust in my fan on graphics card, and almost double in my processor fan. I blew it all out [is that ok?] and i got so much dust in me right now . Anyway, is that normal - and can that much dust cause slowdown?.

[btw im still looking for a way to fix, so i can right click in my start menu >:[

I always blow away the dust from my components when I open up my PC. Dust is normal in any computer, I don't know of a way to completely rid myself of it.

As for performance, I would say that it "can" do something to the performance, because if you had dust all over the pins of RAM or the CPU then it "can" interfear.

I say "can" because I'm not 100% sure, but it's best to stay safe than sorry.

Hope this helps :rambo:

Hmm, guess ill go buy one of those air canister things.. too bad ill probably waste 75% of it spraying my brother with it [upside down] in his sleep:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :devious: :devious:

After I moved my case to a more open-area I never have to deal with dust, I've it for over a year now and never see any dust in it :p

I blew it all out [is that ok?]
I used to do that once before I moved my computer, it's ok actually (I guess:P) but be very careful that you don't damage those cards, or some other tiny things. ;)

heh a 'friend' of mine sprayed my arm with one of those cans of air upside down, i had a big ass spot on my arm for over a year... hurt like hell... its alright though i got him back :D

The solution for dust is easy, go to somewhere like www.overclock.co.uk,

Put a fan on the front of the case (if you havent got one) and put a filter on it, seal the holes in the case and add extra fans on the back t blow the air out.

My machine was close for 6 monthes, I opened it to make some shanges and there is no dust at all.

Claen air in = a cooler/faster PC

Yeah.. thats why i want to get an alienware, instead of building my own computer [mine is pretty much all customized anyway:].. alienwares are really clean and have good fan slots.. koolmax - etc

I'd hate to be like your mom but bear with me for a sec..

I'm not sure how much pressure those cans have, but never put it against your skin, or someone elses skin and blow air. There could be a chance that the air could enter through your skin and into your bloodstream. If you dont know what that means to you...air in your blood would kill you.

Like I said, I don't know how much pressure those things have, but why risk it? Just informing you because I don't want to see any of you getting hurt.

Lol alright thanks [/me goes an unloads into mom![

No just kidding, i dont do it to close, and let it all out at once, and definitally not right on the skin. Mostly on clothing [still cold as hell :D]

I have gotten it sprayed on my skin though.. i hope i dont die :o