Samsung or Toshiba?

Hey guys!

I'm looking to get a new LCD HDTV for the living room, as the 32" standard def TV is looking very dated now. I've had a quick look around online at sites, and so far I've gathered 3 that I like the look of from Play.com

The Samsung seems to be the favourite, and I know a lot of you guys think they are the best. So would you say either of the Toshiba's are worth paying the extra ?100 or ?200 for? Also do you guys have any other recommendations. My price ceiling is ?1000 and ideal pricing stands aroung ?700 - ?900. 40" minimum (the bigger the better) and must support 1;)0p ;)

Thanks in advance!

Vamp

Samsung 40" LE40M87BDX/XEU

Toshiba 42'' 42X3030D

Toshiba 42" 42WLT66

Have a look at the Samsung M87 or F86 range.

I'm about to purchase an LE40F86BDX, when Dixons get them back in stock.

I've always liked Samsung TVs, the designs are always catchy and the image quality is second to none I've found.

Samsung, but personally I think Sony TV's are the best.

Aren't Sony tvs just re branded Samsung's and Hitachi's anyways?

edit: my personal preference is samsung, they make quality products

Samsung, beats most other TVs.. Not talking about specs, but I compared a lot of TVs in stores and Samsung TVs gave the best quality most of the time :)

At least I know Samsung is better than Sharp/LG.. ( That's just my personal opinion, so don't flame me if you're in love with Sharp or LG )

Sony is good too although it's not in your options.

Nope, Sony and Samsung just share the same LCD screen, the tech. inside the screen is all Sony's.

Samsung and Sony co-own an LCD manufacturing plant, so they share the same panels, though they own equal rights to the factory.

As for which set to choose, I would definitely go with the Samsung. Toshiba's sets still seem to fall way way short in terms of black levels.