V-Moda Vibe Earbuds

Product:

V-Moda Vibe Ear Buds

Color: Gunmetal Black

Price: $90.00

allgoodnd7.jpg

Background:

I was looking for a pair of new ear buds to replace the stock Apple headphones for my Ipod Touch. I purchased a pair of the Apple in-ear ear buds but was highly disappointed with the results and looked else ware. After posting here on Neowin and reading numerous reviews of Bose, Shure, Sony ect? I settled on the V-moda Vibes thanks to chconline

vgunblackpkgjpgsg9.jpgPackaging:b>

I don?t have my package box with me at the current time but here is a stock photo of what it looks like. Included in the box are the ear buds, 6 extra pair of silicone heads, V-Moda Wrap, and a carrying bag.

There are a total of 8 silicone heads that come with the ear buds two are on the ear buds and 6 extra, 4 black and 4 white. They come in sizes S,M,L. The wrap is a V shaped piece of silicone that you can use to wrap your headphone around for storing in the carrying bag. All together it makes for a nice extra set of contents and may sway some if the price is the same when comparing different ear buds.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5616/closegoodab4.jpg[/iBuild Quality:

The ear buds are built with metal and feel very well built. They are light but that does not distract from the overall solid feel of the ear buds. The cord is much like any other cord for ear buds but can transmit noise to the ear buds if rubbed with the ear buds placed in the ear. The connector to the device of your choosing is a straight connector. I would have preferred an L shaped connector.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4791/closefrontsl8.jpg[/iComfort:

The ear buds feel great in the ear. It will take sometime to get used to the feeling of it seated correctly in the inner ear for those not accustomed but they are very light and do not feel as if they are dragging your ears down. The silicone heads are very soft and make a solid seal in the inner ear canal and wont discomfort the user unless they have very sensitive ears. I have worn the ear buds for spans of up to three hours straight while skiing and did not have any problems with discomfort nor having them fall out of my ear. Once placed in the ear with the correct silicone head the ear buds will not fall out.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5162/profilegk9.jpg[/imSound Quality:

In short, they sound great! I used an Ipod Touch for the past two weeks to listen to the Vibe?s. It should be noted that there is about a 10 hour break in period until the Vibe?s get to their prime sound reproduction. After the initial break-in the sound is full and complete. The bass is solid but not overwhelming. If your looking for ear bud?s to have massive subwoofer like bass then these are not for you. The Vibe?s have great range including excellent mid?s and highs. The bass is full enough to not leave you disappointed and complements the overall sound. I listen to many different genres from classical music, rock, country, and some rap/hip hop all of which do excellent justice for these hConclusion:onclusion:

If your in the need for new ear bud?s I would recommend the V-Moda Vibes. They present a full sound and have superior comfort for the user. They are built with quality materials and come with many extras that justify the $90.00 price tag.

9.3/10

I got myself one a week before Christmas. $75+tax at Costo. But I'm taking them back sometime this week.

SQ was good for the price. But it doesn't do a good job of isolating outside noise. The cord is starting to get ugly because I abuse it a lot. My fault but I need a more sturdy cord. I might shell out some more $ for UE Super.Fi 5 Pro. I'll admit, they're pretty comfy.

But it says right on the package "noise isolating"...

they do to certain degree...do they completly isolate outside noise? No, but do they a fair amount...yes

I considered buying a pair of these for a while, but I ended getting a pair of Futuresonics Atrio M5 earphones instead. I was reading up on them on the Head-fi forums and it seemed like they sound similar to the vibes but are a step up on the food chain. Granted, the Atrios cost about $140 so there's some price differential there. Anywho, gratz on the new phones and nice review!