32 Bit Color???

Hey I have a question about 32 Bit Color....

I can only get upto 16 Bit High Color, and I want to get to 32 Bit.

Do I have to buy a new monitor or a new video card???

Computer Specs:

HP Pavilion 6535

Intel Celeron Processor 466MHz

256MB of SDRAM

Direct AGP Hardware w/ 11MB of Dynamic Video Memory

Windows ME / 98 SE

Samsung SyncMaster 500s Monitor

With that 11MB integrated graphics, looks like its the graphics card thats lacking. I'm not surprised you can't get 32 bit - integrated graphics rarely can as far as I know.

If you get yourself a cheap GeForce2 MX200 or 400 it should do you. They're actually very good performers even though they appear to be bottom-of-the-range. You can get them for about ?50-60. Your Celeron 466 really can't do justice to any faster card anyway. You need at least 700MHz+ Athlon/PIII/P4 to stretch the better GeForces to their potential.

Samsung monitors are good, so I doubt there's any problem with that. Should be OK!:))

Why bother with 98 and ME? They are the same junk so why you got both of them.

Now to answer, you prolly wont get full 32Bit support so you'll prolly need to get a video card. The video card you have seems to be on the motherboard so that could be why. Next i could be wrong and all you need are the proper drivers but who knows.. check them out and see..

Then Holla back....

Oh, I have 98 and ME still because I am getting XP for X-Mas. I can't wait to get it - becuase... well ME really sucks. Oh and I checked around for some drivers and that was the problem. I can now get the setting i wanted. Oh and yeah the AGP thingy is kinda sucky but I guess it works ok.

Thanks for the help

The point was, why have you got both? If you have Win98SE, you don't need WinME as well. (And vice versa, though that's more controversial!!)