PS2 controller with analog triggers?

I just picked up a PS2 and a copy of Gran Turismo 4. The game is great, but it's a bit hard to control the throttle and break with the buttons on the standard DualShock controller. I'm looking for something more like the Xbox or Xbox 360 controller, with analog triggers that move a bit further. I know I could use the right thumbstick on the DualShock controller, but it just feels awkward and doesn't work very well. So are there any PS2 controllers out there like this? Or perhaps, is there a converter that will allow me to plug an Xbox controller into a PS2?

I just picked up a PS2 and a copy of Gran Turismo 4. The game is great, but it's a bit hard to control the throttle and break with the buttons on the standard DualShock controller. I'm looking for something more like the Xbox or Xbox 360 controller, with analog triggers that move a bit further. I know I could use the right thumbstick on the DualShock controller, but it just feels awkward and doesn't work very well. So are there any PS2 controllers out there like this? Or perhaps, is there a converter that will allow me to plug an Xbox controller into a PS2?

They're analog in the sense that they're pressure sensitive. Granted, it can get painful if you are pumping it for a long time. But, I don't really think I've seen any PS2 controllers with those kinds of triggers. I think the reason they were changed on the PS3 controller is because they learned that it hurts to press down on R2 (or L2) for extended periods of time.

They're analog in the sense that they're pressure sensitive. Granted, it can get painful if you are pumping it for a long time. But, I don't really think I've seen any PS2 controllers with those kinds of triggers. I think the reason they were changed on the PS3 controller is because they learned that it hurts to press down on R2 (or L2) for extended periods of time.

Yes, I am aware that the L2 and R2 buttons are indeed analog, but they don't travel very far at all, making it hard to keep a consistent amount of pressure anywhere less than full.

I think it's safe to say we're out of luck on the matter. Though, you may as well take a look on play-asia.com. They always have nifty accessories you don't see everywhere.