How do I run a program minimized from the cmd line

Can't figure it out really.

What I'm trying to do it have a few programs start minimized. These are registry entries, not shortcuts on the start menu (one of the hotfixes released by MS breaks the functionality of the shortcuts running minimized {look what I X'ed out on the screenshot. that is broken, seriously, I've done many tests on many systems}).

What is circled is what I'm trying to use to run minimized. I just don't know the switch or whatnot to get it to run minimized.

/minimized = nope

-h = nope

I dunno, those were just random guesses, I was hoping you guys would know the internal command. Thanks in advance.

strange, my laptop is hotfixed up the wazoo and the 'minimize' setting on the shortcut works fine....

Type a wsh script

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Return = WshShell.Run("c:\windows\system32\taskmgr.exe", 7, false)

change 'windows' to 'winnt', i wrote the script to work on my machine.... It a filename/path issue. Correct it to match your system.

change 'windows' to 'winnt', i wrote the script to work on my machine.... It a filename/path issue. Correct it to match your system.

I WUB J00!!!!1

:D :thumbup:

:jump:

For even higher compatibility use %windir% instead of 'hardcoding' the windows directory in your script..

Thus: c:\windows\system32\taskmgr.exe becomes %windir%\system32\taskmgr.exe

Greetings,

Thekk