[Review] Samsung F700 Mobile Phone

Samsung F700 Mobile Phone Review

VodafoneSamsungF700november.jpg

I have been using this phone for about 2 weeks on Vodafone and here are my impressions of the phone during that period. In my package i got the following; the phone itself, headphones/hands free set, CD-Rom with Samsung Software, replacement back plate, manual and 1GB memory card. This is my first time writing a review so i expect i have made some mistakes so point them out and if i have missed out anything then just ask and i'll add it.

Basics

HxWxD: 112mm x 56mm x 15.9mm

Weight:139g

Standby Time: 350 hours (max)

Talk Time: 270 minutes (max)

Price: Free on a ?35 a month contract with Vodafone.

Edited by mshepp

You told us to point out errors.. so...

"The main camera is a 3.15 MB camera that produces" you mean MP ;)

Cool lookin phone. I wish they'd come out w/ stuff like this more often in the US.

I have a samsung A707 and it too gets really laggy when viewing messages when you have over 30 (the max the sim card can hold) in the inbox. AND the camera sucks, and pictures do come out blurry a lot. I guess those 2 issues are common to Samsung phones.

You told us to point out errors.. so...

"The main camera is a 3.15 MB camera that produces" you mean MP ;)

Cool lookin phone. I wish they'd come out w/ stuff like this more often in the US.

I have a samsung A707 and it too gets really laggy when viewing messages when you have over 30 (the max the sim card can hold) in the inbox. AND the camera sucks, and pictures do come out blurry a lot. I guess those 2 issues are common to Samsung phones.

Thanks for point that out, all changed now :)

i really want a phone like this...dang US carriers :(

There's the Verizon LG Voyager; it's almost the exact same thing. But if you're not on verizon, you're out of luck :( If you're on ATT/Tmobile, you could buy this phone from europe and get it unlocked and put your SIM card in it.

i have my contract running out this month. im in a dilemma of which phone to try and get out of vodafone.

either the samsung f700, nokia n95 black 8gb, for the new sony ericcson walkman 8gb.

only downside which is quite big for me is there is no wifi on the f700. also i wasnt keen on the menu system of the samsung they're getting there but not a nice and nokias or sonys.

i really want the nokia but looks like i will have to pay out the nose for it which im not doing!

anyway hope either samsung beings out a model with wifi/wi-lan or i get my nokia ;) i have these phones as backups

nice review though, needed a little more detail on making calls, sound (as you get bose earphones) and a bit more on usability

Nice review (Y).

That phone looks so much like the iPhone, whats with this HUGE fetish of copying the iPhone :(

If you want a competing phone, then it has to look similar....at least until new designs comes out. So I don't see a problem of copying as long as they are not infringing the Apple iPhone patents

That phone looks so much like the iPhone, whats with this HUGE fetish of copying the iPhone :(

I don't mind, it has the amazing hardware full keyboard and you can buy it sim-lock free.

@mshepp: You should include pictures in your review. Those 3 at the top are good but they are stock pictures and you can find them everywhere. A good review is not only made with good text, it also needs good pictures.

I have added some pictures to the review, well, links to pictures i took.

Yep there is a 3.5 mm headphone jack so you can use your own headphones or the ones that come with the device.

There's the Verizon LG Voyager; it's almost the exact same thing. But if you're not on verizon, you're out of luck :( If you're on ATT/Tmobile, you could buy this phone from europe and get it unlocked and put your SIM card in it.

i dont like that phone, its branded verizon all over, and they limit features you would other wise have to encourage you to buy their stuff. i do have verizon, but I'm pretty upset with their customer service right not. anyways, id rather have the pull out keypad, not flip open and use for a separate, smaller screen

I don't mind, it has the amazing hardware full keyboard and you can buy it sim-lock free.

@mshepp: You should include pictures in your review. Those 3 at the top are good but they are stock pictures and you can find them everywhere. A good review is not only made with good text, it also needs good pictures.

from your signature: sounds like Roger Waters :)

I have added some pictures to the review, well, links to pictures i took.

Cheers. You could always use the, free, powertoy from Microsoft called "Powertoy".

from your signature: sounds like Roger Waters :)

Indeed.

• 2 months later...

bumping, apologies. how come samsung won't release phones like these for united states carriers? how hard is it to get an unlocked version of one of these (or one similar) with usa power standards imported to the usa?

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried emailing on it? I want something similar to this but I don't think its going to be released in Aus anytime soon and I am reluctant to buy anything I have not held in my hands and tested.

Did you buy it online?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi.

I am going for samsung rant phone but i also want and good looking skin on it so i have searched a lot on internet regarding this and came

through this website http://www.decalskin.com/ samsung rant skins.

Is this website is really good in providing samsung phones with nice skin?