USB driver software for Windows NT4

I was wondering if anybody knows a website where I can download USB driver software for NT 4. I know that Windows NT 4 does not support but there are 3rd party software/hardware companys that do provide it. But the problem is that when I find the website that do provide the software I gotta pay for it or the driver software only works for the hardware they sell( such as cd burner or zip drive). I am just looking for one that is FREE.

My other question is that if I download the driver software that works for a USB zip drive can I use it for a different hardware that is also USB? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-==Tragic187==-

I was wondering if anybody knows a website where I can download USB driver software for NT 4. I know that Windows NT 4 does not support but there are 3rd party software/hardware companys that do provide it. But the problem is that when I find the website that do provide the software I gotta pay for it or the driver software only works for the hardware they sell( such as cd burner or zip drive). I am just looking for one that is FREE.

My other question is that if I download the driver software that works for a USB zip drive can I use it for a different hardware that is also USB? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-==Tragic187==-

Questoin 1 Answer - Not Possible, Upgrade to Windows 2000

Question 2 Answer - Not Possible, Each Driver is written specifically for each piece of hardware, one driver cannot work for another piece of hardware.

Stain it is possible, I went to these web sites and they do provide USB driver software for Windows NT 4. Its not for me though its for a friend of mine. The company he works still has some machines that use NT4. I sked him why doesn't he just upgrade the OS to 200 and he told me that its up to the admin to do that not him. Oh well. Here is one website I went to USB driver for NT 4

and for the second answer u replied to, I figured it wouldn't work but it never hurts to ask. thanx for the reply stain

-==Tragic187==-

Edited by Tragic187

Stain it is possible, I went to these web sites and they do provide USB driver software for Windows NT 4. Its not for me though its for a friend of mine. The company he works still has some machines that use NT4. I sked him why doesn't he just upgrade the OS to 200 and he told me that its up to the admin to do that not him. Oh well. Here is one website I went to [URL=http://www.jungo.com/kdusb_nt.html]USB driver software for NT 4[/url]

and for the second answer u replied to, I figured it wouldn't work but it never hurts to ask. thanx for the reply stain

-==Tragic187==-

Why don't you fix your syntax, seems you have some text errors

Windows NT4 Does NOT Support USB.

I realized that stain. IE is acting kinda weird right now. and yes I do know that Windows NT 4 does not support but like I said there are software that will allow u to use USB. check out the link that I provided above.

-==Tragic187==-

Stain it is possible, I went to these web sites and they do provide USB driver software for Windows NT 4. Its not for me though its for a friend of mine. The company he works still has some machines that use NT4. I sked him why doesn't he just upgrade the OS to 200 and he told me that its up to the admin to do that not him. Oh well. Here is one website I went to USB driver for NT 4

-==Tragic187==-

I tried the demo of that application. it turned my mouse on, but the mouse still wouldn't work right. it was a pain to make it work, so I gave up and got windows 2000 server edition cause all my mice are USB and the server han no ps/2 ports on it. I have since upgraded my server hardware.

I realized that stain. IE is acting kinda weird right now. and yes I do know that Windows NT 4 does not support but like I said there are software that will allow u to use USB. check out the link that I provided above.

-==Tragic187==-

I'd rather not check out that link, and rather advise you to Move to Windows 2000.

Not only does it have greater compatibility with newer hardware and applications, its been proven to be much more stable than NT4 ever was.

Thanx for the reply wired57 but it didn't help me out at all and my friend also tried the application but it didn't solve his problem. I guess my friend will have to live without using USB on his NT 4 machine. He's gonna have to ask his admin to upgrade to Windows 2000 Pro. I appreciate all your help stain and wired. thanx

thanx Stain. Trying telling that to my friend. or Even better his admin. I also run Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP Pro. Both are way more stable with better compatibility than WIndows NT 4.

-==Tragic187==-

thanx Stain. Trying telling that to my friend. or Even better his admin. I also run Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP Pro. Both are way more stable with better compatibility than WIndows NT 4.

-==Tragic187==-

You're Welcome :fun: :yes:

No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our Communities as a forum to debate topics, but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We do not tolerate circumvention of our word filter or abuse upon another member.

No Racism, No Threatening, No (citing) Victimization (via PM) or Hateful posts / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.

You have been warned.

Edited by Toxikk