Super Bowl XLII - Who will win?

Super Bowl XLII - Who will win?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Super Bowl XLII - Who will win?

• New England Patriots
    • New York Giants

Giants have the advantage because they lost. Yeah.

Pats 28-14

The Giants may not have any advantage, but just think: they only barely lost that game when the game meant nothing for them and everything for the Pats. They were ahead the entire game except the last few minutes.

I think the hurdle the Giants needed to clear was beating the Packers, honestly. I was shocked and relieved that they managed to pull it off. The Pats is still going to be one hell of a game though. Probably the most epic Super Bowl ever; if the Giants don't do what they always do and muck it up when it really matters.

The Giants may not have any advantage, but just think: they only barely lost that game when the game meant nothing for them and everything for the Pats. They were ahead the entire game except the last few minutes.

The Patriots took the lead with 11 minutes left in the fourth quarter, which they maintained throughout the rest of the game. They scored again, giving themselves a 10 point lead less than seven minutes later. With just over a minute left in the game the Giants scored a touchdown to put themselves three points away from tying. The game meant a lot for both teams, else either one wouldn't have played their starters for the whole game. Patriots were looking to stay perfect while the Giants were looking to stop that perfection and to continue making a statement for themselves that they're as a serious threat, which they are. The lead went back and forth several times, so they weren't ahead the entire game. Play summary. Regardless, I think this is going to be a great Super Bowl.

This is such a tough Superbowl for me, I'm a big New England sports fan as I live here in Mass but I've been a NYGiants fan for a few years now through the good and the bad. It never seemed like a problem because they're in seperate conferences and it was crazy to ever believe the NYFG would ever make it to the Superbowl but alas, I don't know what to do, and the dirty looks I get with my NY hat on now make me feel uncomfortable

Brady spotted in what appears to be walking boot

Tom Brady may have an actual reason to be on the injury report for Super Bowl XLII.

The quarterback, who has played in 126 straight games, despite being a staple of the injury ledger because of his right shoulder, was photographed in New York City Monday with what appeared to be a walking boot on his right foot.

The gossip website TMZ.com posted a 1 minute, 18 second video clip featuring Brady and his supermodel girlfriend Gisele Bundchen in New York. On the video, a hooded Brady, who is seen carrying a duffel bag and flowers, is noticeably favoring his right foot.

hate both teams.... but I suppose if I had to root for someone.... it has to be the Giants.... only because I believe I will be struck by lightning if I cheer on Brady and the Pats...

Go seahawks........Next year!!!! :blush:

Giants are gonna win.

Yeah!!! :yes:

Brady spotted in what appears to be walking boot

Tom Brady may have an actual reason to be on the injury report for Super Bowl XLII.

The quarterback, who has played in 126 straight games, despite being a staple of the injury ledger because of his right shoulder, was photographed in New York City Monday with what appeared to be a walking boot on his right foot.

The gossip website TMZ.com posted a 1 minute, 18 second video clip featuring Brady and his supermodel girlfriend Gisele Bundchen in New York. On the video, a hooded Brady, who is seen carrying a duffel bag and flowers, is noticeably favoring his right foot.

That's just to throw off the bookies. Raises the odds for the Giants. Most people go with the odds. Brady will pop out on the field yelling "ha, ha ,ha...fooled you all" after the bets have been placed and friends, family and selves will rake in the cash.

Go Giants. (Y)

I believe if anyone could do it, it is Big Blue. Never-mind the last game of the season against the Pats, which is without a doubt going to give them confidence. The truth is they were not supposed to make it this far, and as a result have virtually nothing to lose, while the Patriots have everything to lose. As a result, the Patriots may go into things very tight, while the Giants will be loose, and it could be a truly huge upset.

Now I am a life long Giants fan, so I know most of this is wishful thinking on my behalf, but I do actually semi-believe what I say above.

Also the Giants do have this one thing that has basically won all of their games for them... one hell of a Defense.

The Patriots tight? They've won more superbowls in the last 7yrs than anyone else.. More superbowl experience, not to mention overall playoff experience.

People want to find a reason that the Giants will win, but... they won't.

Pats win 35-14

Don't mean to burst your bubble or anything, but everyone has their own opinion :p

Patriots - 37

Giants - 20

Not at this rate... It's going to be one low scoring game unless they pick things up. The Giants D brought their A game for sure.

The Patriots tight? They've won more superbowls in the last 7yrs than anyone else.. More superbowl experience, not to mention overall playoff experience.

People want to find a reason that the Giants will win, but... they won't.

Pats win 35-14

Don't mean to burst your bubble or anything, but everyone has their own opinion :p

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but they WON!!

And pretty much exactly why I said they would, their Defense.

If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere

By MJD

Sunday, Feb 3, 2008 11:12 pm EST

On more than one occasion this year, Bill Belichick and the Patriots have run up the score on an overmatched opponent, and forced an opposing coach to sit there and watch his beaten team go through the motions while their heineys were being handed to them.

But when the shoe's on the other foot, and Bill Belichick's team has been beaten, he can't sit there and take the pain for a few seconds.

With :02 left on the clock, and his team just having failed on a last chance 4th down effort, Bill Belichick ran onto the field for a quick handshake, and then bolted for the locker room. Belichick's an important guy and everything, but I wasn't aware that the league had given him the authority to decide when games end.

There's time left on the clock, his team's been humbled, outplayed, and lost their chance at history ... and Bill Belichick doesn't have the stomach to sit there and absorb the pain until the clock read 0:00.

That's unsportsmanlike at best, disrespectful at least, and at worst, it makes him a big sissy.

Because Bill Belichick wanted to go hide when he lost, the field ended up being flooded with people, and the officials had to clear the area before the Giants could take their final snap and make it official. When you lose, you take your loss. You don't leave early because it makes you feel sad inside. Your opponent deserves more respect than that.

Anyone remember in 2004 when Randy Moss left the sidelines with 2 seconds left in a Vikings vs. Redskins game? Moss was selfish, a baby, a quitter, didn't respect his teammates, and didn't respect the game. Belichick just did the same thing, but did it on the biggest possible stage, and did it from the position of a leader of men.

Maybe there's something to be said for the inability to lose well ... most great winners don't lose well, and a sore loser is still a loser.

But still, if you're an adult, you finish out the game, and you give your opponents the stage and the respect they deserve.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_exper...h?urn=nfl,64971

This is so silly everyone thought the game was over, people were running onto the field. This Yahoo Sports writer needs to chill.

I'm from MA, and I thought it was a good game. Sure, we didn't complete the perfect season, but I think going undefeated in the regular season is a big accomplishment which deserves credit in my book. It is unfortunate that they didn't play their best in the big one, but if anything, I have high hopes for next season, and I can definitely picture them in the playoffs next year.

Congrats Giants & fans.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_exper...h?urn=nfl,64971

This is so silly everyone thought the game was over, people were running onto the field. This Yahoo Sports writer needs to chill.

I'll agree it's opinionated crapola, but still, he was heading off the field while the refs were insisting on playing that one last second of game. Even being as upset as he must have been, he should have stayed with his team to the end.

first of all - it may not have appeared to be their A game - but several Patriots players, including Brady, said they gave it their all. he said he'd have something to be upset about if they hadn't left it all out their on the field... meaning he felt they had.

yeah - i thought the game was over too! everyone did or the coaches wouldn't have met at mid-field for a hand shake.

I felt that if the Patriots won, many of them would of retired. This gives Seau another year to get the Super Bowl ring. Will he keep going?