Setanta Grabs UFC Rights

Setanta Sports has acquired the exclusive broadcast rights to UFC programming in the UK and Ireland.

The multi-year deal covers all UFC UK fights in 2008 and 2009, and from July all other UFC fights will be exclusively live on Setanta.

The broadcaster added that supercards would not be made available on an additional pay-per-view basis and will simply air on Setanta Sports 1.

That probably means Bravo will lose it :(

Sad to see it go from Bravo as we probably won't get all the random repeat programs that are actually quite cool. However, at least we will get live shows. I do hope that they repeat the PPVs at more decent times for us UK fans.

Sad to see it go from Bravo as we probably won't get all the random repeat programs that are actually quite cool. However, at least we will get live shows. I do hope that they repeat the PPVs at more decent times for us UK fans.

They probably will but I might even buy Sentanta now because there is so much on there now before there was hardly anything but they have Prem rights and now this and the boxing of course.

Setanta is becoming a good channel. Infact this is a good move! As you can get Setanta on the freeview from top up tv.

Yeah I might get this now because live UFC is appealing!