[NFL] Tony Dungy staying for another season

Here's a linky.

Dungy has a very strong focus on his family and his commitment to them, which is very admirable. I listened to his audio book of his memoirs and was amazed at his character (since I knew nothing about him). He's definitely focused on putting family first, and on top of that, he's still got a great team that is capable to go to the Super Bowl. This year's Colts is arguably better than last years, so it's not like he's in a hopeless situation, far from it. Glad to hear he's giving it one more go.

They were very unfortunate with key injuries on both sides of the ball.

This year wasn't a bad season for Indy by any means, but I expect them to bounce back next year. I like Dungy, he's a players coach.

i didn't realize dungy was that close to hanging it up. i just don't see indy winning another SB with him tho. never heard of that caldwell guy before, but he's a big ten guy, came up through iowa and penn st.

How his personal life goes will be the main factor in whether he'll continue after next season. If it turns out he's satisfied with the amount of time he can focus on his family, then he'll be back for more, but it will be based on that on whether he continues after next year.