removing unused drivers?

i'm trying to trim down my xp pro installation to the smallest thing possible and i've done a pretty decent job so far, i think - it's currently 859MB

i'm wanting to get rid of a ton of drivers that i don't use, but i'm having a tricky time determining which ones i need and which ones can go.

does anybody know of a program that will do this for me? google hasn't given me much help :(

deleting a lot of the stuff i don't use, like mspaint.exe and whatnot

also, disabling xp's file protection and deleting the contents of

c:\windows\driver cache\i386

c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386

c:\windows\help

and

c:\windows\system32\reinstallbackups

basically all the backup stuff or stuff that i never use. the drivers are still giving me some trouble, though, and i figured someone here would be able to help...

deleting a lot of the stuff i don't use, like mspaint.exe and whatnot

also, disabling xp's file protection and deleting the contents of

c:\windows\driver cache\i386

c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386

c:\windows\help

and

c:\windows\system32\reinstallbackups

basically all the backup stuff or stuff that i never use. the drivers are still giving me some trouble, though, and i figured someone here would be able to help...

Be careful on what you delete tho mate :s servicepackfiles etc yeh but mspaint etc - just watch out :s

i'm being veeeeeeeeeeeery careful :)

it's been a two-week-long process. move some stuff to a backup partition, see if the machine runs stably for a while, .rar everything and burn it to a cd, repeat. nothing's actually been deleted/destroyed.

Trimming down the installation will not increace the speed or anyting. If you don't have much hard disk space left uninstall some apps or just buy a new HD. Also deleting drivers will save just some megs which is not a big deal.

i know it won't give me any huge benefits other than taking up less space.

i've got a total of 85GB over two HD's, and i'm only using a total of 11, so i'm not worried about space either - i'm just seeing what i can do.