Computer Claims I Have A Dual Boot Environment...

When ever I boot-up my computer It gives me a choice of "Previously OS installed on C:\" and "Window XP Pro". I as far as I know I only installed window XP Pro on my computer. The other day I decided to see what the "Previously OS installed On C:\" did. When I went to it, it just took me to DOS. Anyone know how I can take that "Previously OS installed On C:\" off of my computer? I looked for a folder that would have a OS installed in it on my C:\ drive, but I didn't find one. It really didn't bother me until I read the manual for OpenMG software. The manual say's you can't install the software one Multi-boot environments. I tried to install the software and it doesn't work.

open up C:\boot.ini, it should look like this:

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

yours would have an extra line under [operating systems] which might say

C:\="Previously OS installed on C:\"

removing that would get rid of the option to boot into it

Edit: Boot.ini is a read-only file, so uncheck read-only from the file properties before you save :)

check the boot.ini file in the c drive it should look like this

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

Did you by chance format fat 32 and use the format c:/s command, if so win xp sees this as another o/s ?

But like they said just edit boot.ini to get rid of it.

Cody

Did you by chance format fat 32 and use the format c:/s command, if so win xp sees this as another o/s ?

But like they said just edit boot.ini to get rid of it.

Cody

Yeah, I did.

Thanx for the help everyone.