[Bug] Branding

post-94504-1201474292_thumb.png

Nit-picking, I know, and my appologies for it, but I read that this was important so I had to post it. Also, if you hover over the "Help" icon next to the Firefox launcher it says "Get help with Ubuntu".

Not too bothered about that last one, but is there anything we, as end-users, can do to change "Ubuntu" to "Shift" in the Sys Mon box?

Oh, and please don't laugh at my specs.....

It's not nit-picking at all, in my opinion. All of these things have to be dealt with for trademark reasons, as well a making the distro look more unified.

For a first release at switching from one base (Morphix) to another (Ubuntu) you are going to expect a few loose ends. Good to document them so they can be addressed.

• 2 weeks later...

post-94504-1202422675_thumb.png

Came across a way of changing all the info in Sys Mon by editing the file /etc/lsb-release, but apart from making the changes shown, I've no idea what effect this will have overall. From what I gather, this file gets used for updates (possibly dist-updates), but I've just done sudo apt-get update and it seemed OK, so I'll just wait and see....

post-94504-1202422675_thumb.png

Came across a way of changing all the info in Sys Mon by editing the file /etc/lsb-release, but apart from making the changes shown, I've no idea what effect this will have overall. From what I gather, this file gets used for updates (possibly dist-updates), but I've just done sudo apt-get update and it seemed OK, so I'll just wait and see....

Thanks for the fix..... we will try to catch all of the loose ends with this next release. It should be a barn burner!

post-34335-1202432349.gif

I haven't got the Shift CD's here to try, but the same file exists in Kubuntu, and I think it's in Xubuntu (according to Google, anyway ;)). Still haven't found out what this file actually does, apart from it might have something to do with dist-updates. Perhaps the file gets checked against the repo for a newer release?

There's also a Ubuntu reference in /etc/issue... :rolleyes:

Mr Fish, we need someone like you to do things just like you do - research and bug test. Stay tuned, I'll be sending you a PM soon.

Good pick-up, Crimson. You read my mind! ;)