"Nightmare on Elm Street" Remake

decent casting of freddy but i think this movie will tank, no one can replace robert england. i think 2008-2009 will go down in history as the years of the remakes when hollywood ran out of original ideas.

I don't think it will tank, I think it will do reasonably well because people love slasher flicks, the people who won't see this are the people who loved the original Nightmare series.

Robert said he didn't want to do Freddy anymore.

Who blames him?

I'll have an open-mind for this film. Does anyone know if Wes will be involved ANY?

Halloween was OK. Friday the 13th, I haven't seen -- but got very good reviews.

I'm also waiting on the new Chucky movie. :)

Didn't read the whole thread so sorry if someone already said, but isn't Nightmare on Elm Street the name of a Twilight Zone episode?

Robert said he didn't want to do Freddy anymore.

Who blames him?

I'll have an open-mind for this film. Does anyone know if Wes will be involved ANY?

Halloween was OK. Friday the 13th, I haven't seen -- but got very good reviews.

I'm also waiting on the new Chucky movie. :)

According to IMDB its just based off his characters so no word if he would be involved.

I have not seen the original but have been meaning too :p I will def. see this, I love the remake of TCM FT13th and Halloween so I am sure this will be good. Michael Bay is a great director producer and love all his work...

• 2 weeks later...

CONFIRMED: Thomas Dekker Joins 'Elm Street' Kids

Bloody-Disgusting has confirmed that an offer was officially made to Dekker to play "Jesse". Thomas Dekker's (video inside) venture into the horror world is getting to his head as he'll be confronting the dream demon in New Line Cinema's A Nightmare on Elm Street reboot, as sources tell Shocktillyoudrop that he's now in final negotiations to star. No official confirmation just yet, but we're working on it. He will star alongside the previously announced Jackie Earle Haley (Freddy Krueger) and Kyle Gallner (Quentin). Besides playing John Connor in Fox's Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, he's also starred in From Within, Laid to Rest and recently wrapped production on All About Evil. Shooting is slated to begin on the new Nightmare film next month with plans to release it in theaters April 16, 2010.

340x.jpg

Rooney Mara is in talks to play Nancy Thompson in Samuel Bayer's redo of A Nightmare on Elm Street, reports Bloody-Disgusting. Filming begins next month in Chicago with Platinum Dunes producing.

The actress joins Jackie Earle Haley (the new Freddy Krueger), Kyle Gallner and Thomas Dekker. In Wes Craven's 1984 "Nightmare," Thompson was played by Heather Langenkamp who returned to the franchise for A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 and Wes Craven's New Nightmare.

Mara appeared briefly in Urban Legends: Bloody Mary, credited as "Classroom girl #1," and later appeared on "ER" and The Winning Season with Sam Rockwell.

Warner Bros. and New Line will release A Nightmare on Elm Street in theaters on April 16, 2010.

Source

Pffft, Heather Langenkamp could still pull of Nancy now. Sure, she wouldn't be a teen. But still, she ruled in a New Nightmare (which is imo the best Nightmare movie).

I'm looking forward to this one, but I just hope they don't go the route of the past 7 or so movies and turn Freddy into a joke a minute dumbass like they did (even though some of the one liners are still classic - Sorry kid, I don't believe in fairy tales!).

Last of the kids is cast!

3rt56iao5ec8xqsn8ich.jpg

The Hollywood Reporter confirms tonight that both Rooney Mara (reported exclusively on B-D yesterday) and Thomas Dekker (From Within, Laid to Rest, "The Sarah Connor Chronicles") will be starring in New Line's re-imagined A Nightmare on Elm Street, being directed by Samuel Bayer and produced by Platinum Dunes. They also break the news that Twilight star Kellan Lutz will join the quickly growing cast as "Dean", the popular school jock. Read on for more and watch for Elm Street in theaters April 16, 2010.

Dekker will play "Jesse", the alpha male trying to get back together with his girlfriend. Mara plays Nancy Thompson, the girl who can't wait to leave town after graduation.

Those young dreams will prove to be dust as the duo join Kyle Gallner (Quentin), in the role played by Johnny Depp in the 1984 pic, as fodder for slasher Freddy Krueger, being played by Jackie Earle Haley.

"Nightmare" is slated to begin shooting May 5 in Chicago.

Lutz played Emmett Cullen in "Twilight," a role he is reprising for the sequel, "New Moon," which is shooting in Vancouver. His part in "Nightmare" would not be scheduled until later in the shoot. The actor, repped by Innovative, also appeared in "90120" and "Generation Kill."

Dekker, repped by ICM and the Schiff Co., is coming off starring on Fox's "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles." He next appears on the big screen in New Line's "My Sister's Keeper" with Cameron Diaz and Abigail Breslin.

Gersh-repped Mara, the sister of Kate Mara, has "The Winning Season" with Sam Rockwell and "Youth in Revolt" with Michael Cera coming out this year.

• 2 months later...

16elmstreetlogo072209.jpg

With the San Diego Comic Con kicking off tomorrow, Warner Bros. Pictures has given us the thumbs up to share with you guys a small preview piece from our visit to the set of A Nightmare on Elm Street, which shot on locations in both Chicago and Indiana over the past few months. Beyond the break you'll get first word from your new Freddy Krueger, Jackie Earle Haley, as we inspect the new "look" of Freddy. Elm Street is slated for release on April 16, 2010. Watch for our massive set reports later this year.

A Nightmare on Elm Street LogoThe Midwest. It?s hot, it?s cold, it?s raining, it?s thundering, and goddamn are the mosquitoes out for blood - they aren?t the only ones. Sitting in a make-up truck outside of an old abandoned church in Gary, IN is Jackie Earle Haley, who within four hours time will be transformed into Freddy Krueger, the iconic child molester that has been tearing up the big screen with his patent razor-glove for 25 years now.

But when A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET hits theaters next April, you?ll be seeing a new Freddy. Robert Englund, who has donned the infamous red and green sweater and fedora for eight films now, is passing the torch onto Jackie Earle Haley, who told Bloody-Disgusting exclusively about how he really wanted to dive deep into the human side of ol? Freddy.

?I still wanted to get in there though and find the human side of this guy - what makes him tick at a certain level. I wanted to make it real. It is like trying to get that perfect balance between the human side, the real side, but also don't lose sight of the mythology, what this guy is and whom he represents.? He continues talking about the discovery that Freddy IS the Boogeyman, and that it?s even more terrifying not knowing his motives, ?A lot of that was finding out is that he's a Boogeyman, he's a guy that represents everyone?s deep inner fear. Like having something come at you that you just can't stop, having something come at you that you just don't understand. When you begin to understand, no matter how off the logic, no matter how much reason and logic you apply to it; you can't break through. It is coming no matter what, no matter how illogical it is.?

While Jackie Earle Haley focuses on bringing the heart and soul of Freddy Krueger to life, Andrew Clement of Creative Character Engineering is the man responsible for making him LOOK the part.

? There are so many different ways that you can go at it when somebody is burned,? he explains in our exclusive interview. ?I didn't know if we were going to do charred Freddy, or desiccated Freddy or healed burned Freddy, freshly burned Freddy, bloody Freddy... you know I kept sending these quick concepts and sketches over just to see where Sam's head was at, and Sam [bayer] came to my company and we looked through books and chose some things that he liked.?

Ultimately, they decided to go with a post-burn victim Freddy, which they felt was more realistic. ?This is more of a healed-burned Freddy, which I didn't understand in the beginning,? he continues, ?but when some rewrites started coming down I could see why we were going this way, rather than coming at it from a sort of a logical standpoint and story standpoint.?

When I first saw the new Freddy, I was a bit rattled, but once I saw side-by-side comparisons it became obvious as to why. ? They have much different noses, this one is much more like a burn victim,? Clement tells us explaining that Robert Englund had more of a ?witch nose? than Earle Haley.

?I had all of the photos up, and I have such respect for his face, I really wanted to echo some of the forms,? Clement continues talking about the new look. ?The thing that we did depart from was the nose. I remember hearing interviews with Kevin Yager or one of the other people who have done the makeup. They were saying they wanted to make him a male witch, which is why they went with the big nose at the time. That kind of made sense, but I just didn't really think it - you never really see Robert Englund prior to being burnt. I knew how much we were going to see Jackie, so I couldn't image making Jackie's nose big all of a sudden. Why would we do that? In the beginning I didn't really know if we were going to have to do a Robert Englund likeness make-up on Jackie.?

Again, this is a reboot, a fresh start if you will. While Jackie Earle Haley might not look like Robert Englund, one thing you can count on is that Freddy is still Freddy right down to the dirty black boots.

Unfortunately, this is only a preview of what?s to come. So check back later this year for extensive reports from our visits to the various ELM STREET shooting locations, along with exclusive interviews with the cast and crew.

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET arrives in theaters April 16, 2010.

[bloody disgusting]

lol you can't even see Freddy in that pic. But at least he's scratching the claw against the wall/metal YAY I used to love when he did that, and the finger clanking thing.

I say this is a series that doesnt need a reboot and should have just be left as it is. They had a good thing going with the Freddy vs Jason thing but they should have done it as all out battle of evil. Freddy vs Jason vs Chuckie vs PinHead. Now that would be a movie to remember.

lol you can't even see Freddy in that pic. But at least he's scratching the claw against the wall/metal YAY I used to love when he did that, and the finger clanking thing.

Yeah I used to hate that :p

Except Freddy vs. Jason sucked for the most part. And while kids and teens will suck up anything with blood oozing out of it these days, it had a bad story and didn't make much sense. The only good part was seeing Robert Englund in the make up one last time :(

The Nightmare series is perfect for a reboot though if you think about it. With current technology and SFX imagine what they could portray in the dream world of Freddy. And I hope they do that scene from the original with the boyfriend getting ripped to shreds and blood poouring out of the bed again. Tee hee. They did a similar (though not as gory obviously) scene in A New Nightmare where "Demon Freddy" is popping up through the bed sheet and it was really spooky as he waited for Heather Langenkamp to accept her role as "Nancy" before coming into the "real world". It was tight stuff.

To bad New Nightmare tanked, it was such a good movie and sooo underrated.

OMG and they better have....1 2 Freddy's coming for you, 3 4 better lock your door, 5 6 get a crucifix, 7 8 better stay up late, 9 10 never sleep again. It won't be A Nightmare on Elm Street without it (and yes, it WAS in the original)

Plus another thing hopelly no stupid SINGERS like rappers or pop singers/RnB singers in this as it just ruins it!

Oh ****, the claw looks sweeeeeeeet.

And like, his face is still melting off or something yay!

Not sure I like the fedora they chose though. It seems, off to me.

God I love you Rappy. And I mean that in a totally manly way. I think we should get married on Neowin, we seem to be padding each others post counts quite well lately :)