Lakers acquire Gasol

Lakers are 2007-2008 champs. I'm already getting my clothes ready for the parade.

:D

I'll see you there!

I can't wait until Bynum comes back and play in the new line up with Gasol.

Watch Gasol shake down Garnett...

Lakers are 2007-2008 champs. I'm already getting my clothes ready for the parade.

:D

I'm rooting for the Lakers too, but be careful with the hubris. Gasol does not by any means guarantee anything.

The key is if Bynum can come back at 100%.

Not a bad trade for Memphis. They clear cap space by getting Brown's expiring contract, they get 2 prospects, and 2 first rounders. What will dull the impact for them is the likelihood of both first rounders being pretty low.

I feel sorry for Kwame. Pretty much everybody is hating on him right now hah. Jordan's chosen one must feel the pressure.

But yeah, I'm really excited for this trade. Lakers gonna have two effective 7- footers on the court at the same time! I'm interested to see how they would match up now against the Celtics (although we won't get a chance to see that until the Playoffs). Can Gasol pass? It'd be interesting to see what type of back door cut plays Kobe can come up with between him and Gasol.

I feel sorry for Kwame. Pretty much everybody is hating on him right now hah. Jordan's chosen one must feel the pressure.

Chances are he won't even be in the NBA when his contract is over. But yeah, I feel sorry for him. Jordan f***** his mental up early.

Whoa guys, slow down, did you forget you still have to play Boston... I would say that the Lakers are my 3rd favorite team (Chicago Bulls my 2nd, and the home-town Boston Celtics my 1st) but I don't even think they'll get past Utah in the playoffs... I know you're saying "UTAH!!" but believe me, they're one of those "sleeper" teams like Golden State last year.